Friday, April 19, 2013

The Inn is Running Out of Room

I feel like everyday is Groundhog Day.  The day began with another trip to Frederick for more blood work and another ultrasound.  All came back good.  Both evening injections are at 75cc for tonight and a regular injection in the morning.  

My ultrasound showed approximately 29 total follicles, which is good.. but also the reason for the title.  My ovaries are officially huge (they are currently housing 29 eggs) and causing a whole lot of pain.  I have severe bloating and a lot of pressure in my abdomen.  I haven't been able to eat much because anything that goes in puts too much pressure on that area.  

They want most of the follicles to have an average diameter of 18mm.  Right now I have one or two at that size, but the rest are hanging between 15 and 17.  They are hoping that by tomorrow they are at the right size so we can trigger tomorrow night and harvest on Sunday.  I go to Rockville at 9:45 tomorrow morning, so fingers crossed that they reach that 18mm mark!

The waiting room was fantastic this morning!  One couple did NOT have inside voices and decided to share how they felt about EVERY SINGLE THING ON THE NEWS.  Another woman knew someone that worked a Harvard and is married to a man in "intelligence" but she doesn't really know what because he can't share what his job really is.  It was a nice group discussion!

At this point I am also completely exhausted 24 hours a day.  The side effects of these injections are starting to show their true colors.  We are both really hoping that tonight is our last full night of injections.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment