Today began my pretty-much-daily monitoring appointments. We had to be in Rockville, MD by 9:30 am for some blood work and an ultrasound. Basically, four hours of driving for a 30 minute appointment. To make it worth our while, we stopped at DSW on the way home! Who doesn't need new shoes after a trip like that!
We counted AT LEAST 25 other people in the waiting room this morning. Of course, we did some math in our heads and have officially decided we got into the wrong business!
At this appointment they took one tube of blood (my arms are also starting to look like dart boards.. or track marks.. take your pick!) and then did an ultrasound to count the number of follicles that are beginning to form. This afternoon they called with my results. So far, I have 22 follicles. All I know is that is good. My estrogen levels are also good, so (and this is my FAVORITE part!) I get to cut the Menopur dosage in half! That means half the burning! I hope.. This also only lasts until I go back the Frederick office Tuesday morning for my second monitoring appointment. All I know is that I will be savoring this as long as it lasts!
My next week or so looks like this: 4:30 am wake-up call, monitoring appointment in Frederick, back to school to teach all of my classes, then finish the day off with either a lacrosse game or practice. I am exhausted just thinking about it, but it is only for a week or so.
We were told the injections would make me incredibly moody, or as Matt likes to say.. crazy. So far, I am not either.. and Matt agrees (or at least he tells me he does)! Granted, I only have 3 rounds in me so far. What I have noticed is that I am incredibly emotional. For those of you who know me well, you know this is FAR from normal. Little things upset me and I cry randomly. I am NOT a crier. I am also constantly hungry.. and not for healthy food. I want ice cream every hour of every day. Or chocolate, or nachos.. or just food. Hopefully this ends with the injections, but only time will tell. I can also tell that I am more irritable, but I have done a pretty good job containing that. Let's hope I can keep it up.
My next appointment is Tuesday morning, bright and early at 7:15 am.
No comments:
Post a Comment