Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I Should Have Been A Chicken

Today's post is early.. because I was told no work.  We made another trip to Frederick this morning to check out my ovaries, fluid, and hGC levels.  Ultrasound was first.  It showed a pocket of fluid that is diminishing as a result of my constant Gatorade drinking.  It also showed my extremely large ovaries.  So large, that my stomach is now distended.  Ugh.  This is what is causing all of my pain and discomfort.. all a result of the 27 eggs that were harvested on Monday.  The good and the bad.

So, how do we fix this?  The first step is my diet.  I am allowed no water.  NONE.  I love water, so this is going to be difficult.  I can drink Gatorade and Ensure (yum).  That's it.  As far as food, I need to eat small, frequent, protein rich meals.  This includes eggs, red meat, spinach, nuts, bananas, peanut butter, tuna, chicken, etc.  Nothing else.  This meant a quick trip to the grocery store on the way home today.

Here is what the next couple of weeks look like for me.


I will be checked on more time on Saturday, prior to our scheduled transfer, unless my symptoms worsen between now and then.  I am supposed to take it easy and do the absolute minimum between now and then.  If they feel my ovaries are still too large on Saturday, we will freeze all of our embryos and transfer in one month.  If we transfer while my ovaries are still so large, and the embryo takes, I will have the OHSS throughout the entire pregnancy and feel like this pretty much the entire time.  So, fingers crossed for the best.

On our way home, we got our daily call from the lab to give us an update on our growing embryos.  I am still in awe at the numbers we are being given daily!  We currently have 20.. TWENTY embryos that are dividing and doing their job!  Hopefully this means we will have our one to transfer now, and many more to freeze for later.  We will get one more update tomorrow as well as our scheduled transfer time for Saturday.  

Thank you for all of the positive thoughts and prayers you've been sending our way over the last few weeks!  Hoping we can make it through the next couple days without any more issues and go through with our transfer.

2 comments:

  1. There has got to be some kind of ovary rain dance I can do to make the swelling go away? I will look into that. I am even up for sacrificing an animal. Ok maybe not an animal. Reptile? Nope I love turtles. Insects! I would sacrafice an insect in a heart if I knew it would help.
    But seriously. I hope you start feeling better before Saturday!!! If I was your husband I would duct tape you to the bed and maybe throw you a bed pan to pee in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you find a dance, let me know! I would be more than willing to sacrifice an insect.. or ten of them! I haven't left my couch all day, so I'm doing pretty well with this "take it easy" thing.

      How are you feeling today????

      Delete