A third ultrasound still showed 22 follicles and I even got a print out of the sizes of 10 of them. I have no idea what these numbers mean, but I figured I'd share for those of you who do!
After the ultrasound came more blood work. I think my fear of needles is starting to lessen.. I've had 15 injections over the last 7 days and countless tubes of blood taken. Sort of the norm at this point. Anyway, the blood work still showed some elevated estrogen levels (explains the emotions a bit). Tonight I go 75cc of Gonal-F, 1.5 vials of Menopur (PAINFUL), and I got to throw in a third injection called Ganirelix.
The Ganirelix comes already mixed and ready to go. I got my first dose tonight, and this will continue daily in the mornings from here on out. There are not too many areas on my stomach that no longer hurt to the touch as a result of injections. I keep reminding myself, it will be worth it.
![]() |
| Tonight's injections |
Of course my allergies have started acting up.. especially on the lacrosse field.. and I cannot take any medication at all. Needless to say, it will be a fun few days!
I did see our doctor today and he said everything is looking good.. and in fact I may be a day or two ahead of schedule. Right now we are looking at harvesting on either Sunday or Monday. He assured me it would be no later than Monday. We will find out the day before. Our transfer will occur 3-5 days after the harvest. Again, we won't know until the day before when they call and say it's time.
Back for another appointment at 8:15 tomorrow morning, and then a doctor recommended day of rest. These 4:30am-9:30pm work days are starting to take their toll.



No comments:
Post a Comment