What a day. Men are lucky...that is what I have learned through this process.
It was a pretty quiet ride down to Rockville today because Allison was a bit nervous about the day. We had to make it down to the office in less than two hours because we were transporting some important cargo...yep, my only contribution to this process. After the drop off, we sat in the car for a bit because we are tired of sitting with weird people in the waiting room.
Once we got to the waiting room, we met another set of weirdos who wouldn't shut up and were talking loud...annoying. Then we went back to the pre-op/post-op room. Allison put on a really sexy outfit and put on her booties...typical of our entire process, one of the booties was defective. We then had to wait a while before anything really started.
Allison's anestieogist was a low-talker...so any question I was asked by Allison I had no idea what she was talking about. She then had the IV put in and the itching began...then she got very cold. The waiting game continued. She was supposed to go in at 10:15 but really didn't get to go in until 10:30. The most annoying thing to me was that everyone who went by our area kept hitting the curtain...little things bother me...I guess I should have thought about Allison with an IV in and the 30+ shots she has had the past week and a half and the pills she has to take and the 7000 eggs that were in her ovaries.
Anywho, I got to go get the medication and a sharps container to turn in and by the time I returned she was in recovery. I didn't even get to watch the episode of The West Wing I had hoped to see in the waiting room. It was okay, because the waiting room was just as exciting!
Allison was groggy!! The first thing she mumbled to me was incoherent...so she repeated it - worse. Then she fell asleep again and woke up about five minutes later and said one word - CRAMPS. You could see the pain on the heart monitor and her rising pulse. Allison then said that she wished I could have cramps for one day so I knew how it felt - I'll pass. Once she had a few crackers and some water, we were allowed to leave - she is a quick recoverer.
Overall, she has been pretty amazing today. She has little bits of the day that she doesn't remember but she has been awesome. The first thing she wanted to do when she got home was clean the kitchen and pay the bills..typical. Allison napped a bit when she got home - so did I...in fact, I missed her first text to me to come upstairs! They got 27 eggs today which is unreal to think of that they were inside of her ovaries...ouch (i think...i don't have ovaries). Hopefully, one of these eggs and sperm like eachother.
The fun continues later this week as we head back to Rockville later this week - wait till you see the total mileage we have gone during this process.
Alright, that is my perspective of the day. Oh, almost forgot! Highlight of the day is when Allison said to the people in the operating room "This shit works quick!"
No comments:
Post a Comment