We were told that one of these eighteen embryos will be transferred Saturday morning around 11:30 am. I will need to begin drinking Gatorade (rather than water) around 10:30 and plan to arrive at the clinic no later than 11:00. I still cannot have any water in my diet due to the OHSS. They will do one last ultrasound to make sure everything is ok, and then implant one tiny, little embie. We can only transfer one at this point because of the OHSS. If we were to transfer two and I would get pregnant with twins, it would be next to unbearable to carry everything with my gigantic ovaries. So, we will stick to one this time around. What is awesome, is that we will have approximately 17 embryos to freeze for the future.
Today was my first full day of work and practice since the retrieval. I am exhausted, but was lucky enough to have one of my co-coach's wives make dinner for us tonight. These things mean AND help so much! I am still in a decent amount of pain, but I can bear it. I feel like I have a 40 pound (ok, maybe 40 is a little bit of an exaggeration, but you get the point) balloon stuffed under my skin in my stomach. My skin is tight and I have a lot of pressure. I am most comfortable when laying, but I doubt my students would enjoy me teaching them while laying on a cot on the floor. One more day in this week, and then a break! My diet is.. well it is. Ensure = gross. No other words to describe it. Just gross. I can deal with the Gatorade. I am doing my best to eat small, frequent meals that are filled with protein. I just wonder how long it will take until all of that stuff gets "old". But as I have been saying, it will all be worth it.
I have met some pretty amazing people through this process that have been dealing with this a lot longer than us.. and they are the inspiration I look to every day when I think things are getting tough. It is truly incredible when you realize just how many people have to go through the same thing, or something very similar. As I said before, I don't think some people really get just how many things need to go exactly right to make a baby.. and they take it for granted!
As of now, our plan is to "sleep in" until 8 Saturday morning and then head to Rockville (I have a game about an hour and 20 minutes away tomorrow evening, so we can't really go ahead of time). Will that happen? Probably not. Rooney doesn't feel the need to sleep past 5:45 any morning, and when Sophie hears him.. she is up and ready to go. But, we will keep our fingers crossed for something later than 5:45 and a successful transfer to follow!
![]() |
| Sick day snuggle buddies |

No comments:
Post a Comment