Sunday, June 1, 2014

Week 35



How far along: 35 weeks (as of 5.24.14)

Gender: It's a BOY!

Baby is: The size of a coconut.. about 19 inches long and about 5.5 pounds.

Weight gain: 45 pounds as of this week's OB appointment.  Yes. I easily broke the 40 pound mark.  Oops.

Maternity clothes: Living in maxi skirts and dresses with the occasional pair of shorts thrown in.

Stretch marks: Nadda.

Belly button in or out: I think it's staying in!

Sleep: It depends on the day.  One night I sleep like a rock, the next night is completely restless.  Either way, I fall asleep around 9 each night and am wide awake by 5 am.

Best moment this week: Solidifying my maternity leave for the beginning of next year.  I am able to take the first four weeks of the new school year to be home with our little guy.  At this point, I will head back to work on September 15th. We also had our tour of labor and delivery and the maternity ward at the hospital where we are delivering.  Neither of us has ever used this hospital (our local does not have a NICU, so we opted to change locations to be on the safe side) so it was nice to see what they have.  We were both beyond impressed with their facilities and the way things are handled.  Matt's favorite part?  The labor and delivery overlook the helipad.. and he loves helicopters. ha ha  Oh, and this came up on my one app this week!  How exciting!



Movement: He is moving everywhere.  I have feet in my ribs, knees/elbows protruding all over, and movement very, very low.  I do thing that he has changed positions as the shape of my belly seems to have changed this week.  Hopefully that means we are getting closer!

Cravings: Bagels, steak and ice water.

Queasy or sick: Feeling good!  

Looking forward to: LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL and WORK BEFORE H'S ARRIVAL!  Graduation is Friday and that means the end!  As teachers, we do have two additional days the following week, but they are filled with meetings and curriculum updating.  I get to chaperone a trip to Hershey Park on Tuesday.. where I will be able to be found lounging on a lounge chair in the water park. haha.  However, I am most importantly looking forward the arrival of Hudson.  We have less than 30 days until his scheduled due date.  Let's hope he makes his arrival on time, if not just a bit early :)

This week we celebrated the 2014 lacrosse season with our annual banquet.  It was nice and always and the food was great!  We will graduate two seniors this year and they will leave gaping holes in our team!



I also spent this weekend preparing food for later this summer!  I did my last major grocery haul (first one since November!) before Hudson arrives and then spent another two hours preparing frozen slow cooker meals that we can use once he does arrive.  I am pretty excited to try these!  If they are good, you better believe I will be mass producing before I go back to work so that I have meals to ease me back into the routine!


My swelling also got a bit out of control this week!  My OB confirmed that I do NOT have pre-eclampsia as my blood pressure is really good and my urine is protein free (TMI, I know).  I just have major swelling.  To the point where my feet are pretty much numb 95% of the time.  But, I can honestly say that I would take it 100 times worse just for this little boy.  It is all worth it :)



It is still so surreal to me that we have made it this far!  Only a few more weeks until we get to meet our baby boy.  I have never been more excited for something in my life!

5 comments:

  1. Hope you're relaxing now and putting your feet up! Congrats on making it to 35 weeks. Can't wait to meet your boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poor tootsies! You are doing awesome and look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you!! My feet are pretty bad too, keep them up as much as possible and drink lots of water!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouchie on your feet sweet momma!! I am so excited that your arrived button has shown up!! And seriously - your bump is adorable! I cannot WAIT to meet your little man!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that bump - how cute are you!!!! The feet though - ouchie :(

    ReplyDelete