Thursday, June 12, 2014

Thirty things


I got this idea from one of the other blogs that I follow and decided to run with it myself.  I just turned the dreaded 30 (it really isn't bad!) and thought I would take the time and share thirty things about myself that you may, or may not already know.

  1. I am the oldest of three.  I am seven years older than my brother and ten years older than my sister.  While our age gaps definitely provided for many challenges growing up, we are all three super close.  I may even be a bit over-protective at times!
  2. I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Education with a minor in Information Systems.  I have a Master's Degree in Classroom Technology and have also completed half of my MBA program.
  3. I played field hockey for most of my life and coached the sport for a few years.  Four years ago I was asked to coach our girls lacrosse team - even though I never played.  I agreed to help out for one year. Four years later, I walked away from field hockey and could not love lacrosse more!
  4. I teach high school Accounting, Finance, Career Awareness, and computer courses.
  5. I am a news junkie.  Matt hates it.  I could watch the news all day every day.
  6. I have always had a dog.  We had a toy poodle and german shepherd while growing up.  We then had two labs.  I got Sophie shortly after moving out on my own and we got Rooney a little over a year ago.  I love dogs - especially labs.
  7. Matt and I went to the same college - 2 years of which were at the same time.  While we didn't know each other, we have figured out that we were definitely at parties together.
  8. I worked at a bank while I was in college.  On December 30th, 2005, I was robbed by a guy with a samurai sword and a bomb. I can tell you the exact time (to the second), the exact words on the note he handed me, and the exact amount of money in the specific denominations that he got.  I took two days off and returned to work on January 2nd.  I had to attend four preliminary hearings.  The guy that robbed me escaped from one of them - guns drawn and craziness everywhere.  He later car jacked a woman and was caught by US Marshals.  He is now in a federal pen for 20 years.
  9. I was "arrested" when I was 16.  I was with my high school boyfriend and his friends at a carnival (keeping it classy).  His friends were joking around in the parking lot and at the same time a local business was being robbed.  The cops suspected the boys since they were messing around.  We were all innocent, but still had to go to the station and give statements.
  10. I love junk food.  Greasy, fatty, sugary junk food.
  11. I worked at a chip plant in high school.  To this day, they are my favorite chips and I will drive across town to buy them.  (Only one store where I live sells them.)
  12. I moved to Hanover after graduating college.  I knew no one and moved simply for the job.  I really do love it here.
  13. I love roller coasters, but hate rides that spin in circles.
  14. I get incredibly car sick when I am not driving.  Sometimes, sitting in the passenger seat is ok, but I generally get sick sitting there as well.  It poses an issue at times when I have to travel on a school bus to away games!
  15. I learned how to drive on a stick shift and wouldn't want it any other way.  It's a skill that I think everyone should know!
  16. I love sports.  I have favorite teams for almost every sport.  I could sit and watch sports with Matt all weekend long and be perfectly content.
  17. I grew up in a very small hick "town".  It is actually classified as a village.  The things we did to entertain ourselves growing up make me laugh.  We rode bikes everywhere.  And I know what the term "possum-beating" means.  
  18. Everyone in my family hunts.  Hard core.  I can spot a deer on the side of the road from a mile away.  And yes, we eat everything that is killed.  Chances are, if you've been to my house, you've eaten deer meat in one form or another.
  19. I graduated high school with 94 other kids.  We went to elementary school from K-6 and high school from 7-12.  There was no middle school.  I thought that was the norm.
  20. I love to travel.  But I hate to leave my dogs.  I wish we could travel the world with them.
  21. I have been to four countries in Europe (Spain, Italy, Croatia, Monaco.. and technically Germany if you count a layover in an airport!), Canada, the Dominican Republic, Bahamas, Mexico, Belize, Honduras, California, Kentucky, Ohio, and the entire East Coast from New York to Florida.
  22. The beach is my favorite, but I hate sand.  It's fine on my feet, but I don't want it anywhere near my hands, legs, or anywhere else.  Yuck.
  23. Despite hating sand, Matt and I got married on the beach in the Outer Banks.  My dress was covered in sand and salt water, but it didn't phase me that day.
  24. I've always wanted four kids.  While that is no longer realistic, I plan to savor every single second I have with the child/children that I am blessed to have.
  25. I am OCD.  My room used to be a mess when I lived at home.  Now, I hate when one small thing it out of place.  My windows have to be open to the same height, blinds either all open or closed (and at the same height) and things need to be in exact locations on counters/sinks.  It's a disease!
  26. Fires freak me out.  When I was in elementary school we always had to watch a vide of a house burning during fire something or other week.  Ever since, I've been paranoid!  However, I do love a good bon fire!
  27. Everything tastes better on the grill.  I would grill everything if I could.
  28. I love naps.  If I could take a nap every day after work, I would.  This could be a 15 minute nap - which Matt claims is not even close to an actual nap!  I am also one of those people that needs to have a certain amount of sleep to function.
  29. I hate coffee.  I've tried, but just can't make myself like it.  The same goes for Yogurt.  And I really, really want to like yogurt!
  30. I hate exercising.. but I think I am going to have to start liking it :)  I see no fun in running and find that I am miserable every time I try.  Maybe with the addition of a jogging stroller I will change my mind!
So there you have it.. my thirty things!  I hope I didn't bore you too much.  Hope you all are enjoying the beginning of summer.. I know that I am!



1 comment:

  1. This so reminds me of Little Baby Garvins post! LOVE her! So fun to read all about you :)

    ReplyDelete