Monday, April 14, 2014

Surprise!

Let me start this post by saying I'm not always one for surprises.  I have always been a snooper - and always will be.  I like to be in the know :)

On Saturday, Matt and I got up and traveled about an hour for our elective 3D/4D ultrasound (separate post on that to come).  Matt had told me a week or two ago that he made plans to have lunch with some friends of ours at 1:30 that afternoon.  I had a few places I wanted to stop on the way home from our ultrasound, so I knew time was tight.

Our ultrasound was pretty awesome.  From there, we had breakfast with my mom and sister, picked up the one thing we needed from Babies-R-Us, and then made a stop at Old Navy to return something.  And of course, buy a new dress.  I just can't help myself.  By this time it was about 12:45 and we had approximately 25 minutes left in our trip.  Matt asked if I had anywhere else I wanted to stop.  I said that I didn't and that we could just get to lunch early.  He didn't respond.  We got back in town around 1:10 and he decided to stop at our house saying we should just go and let the dogs out in case lunch lasts longer than we intend.  Ok, sure.. whatever.

We finally arrived at our friends' house around 1:30.  Their daughter (one of my lacrosse players) opened the door.  I started to walk in.. got as far as the kitchen.. and 20 of my lacrosse players jumped out from behind furniture, walls, etc. and yelled SURPRISE!  These girls (along with the help of some awesome moms) had been planning a surprise shower for us for week!  I am overwhelmed with gratitude and appreciation.  This group of girls is too much!  AND they were able to keep a secret and pull off the surprise.. which is pretty good for a bunch of teenage girls that see their coach for multiple hours each day!

There was a ton of food, decorations, and the girls even got Hudson some gifts!  It was nice to sit around and enjoy their company off of the practice/game field and chat.  We spent a few hours just talking and hanging out.. and opening the gifts they were so excited about.

I have a bunch of pictures to share.  Some of them are not so flattering, but they capture the true emotion I was feeling at the time!




















The girls got Hudson a bassinet for our bedroom!  We have been going back and forth with what we wanted to use the first few weeks/month and these girls solved our problem!  I know, I know.. I need to iron the skirt!

A big thank you to Callie and Debby for a wonderful afternoon celebrating our little boy.  We are so blessed to have you in our lives!


It was also a beautiful spring day!  We were able to enjoy some outside time relaxing with the dogs.  They are totally eating up this weather!  **Before the storms, cold temperatures, rain and possibility of snow/sleet hit us tomorrow.




2 comments:

  1. LOVE all of these photos! How sweet are they to have done something so thoughtful for you and Matt. I'm really looking forward to your showers, because then the countdown really begins! You are looking beautiful and I I'm so excited for you!

    Ps we have a bassinet in our room next to my side of the bed and it's fantastic! And how cute is yours?! Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet &, thoughtful! Like Meg we used a bassinet beside my bed for 12 weeks. It was great :)

    ReplyDelete