Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Showered with love.

This past weekend was a very eventful one.. and one I wouldn't trade for the world!

First, let's get this out of the way.  I turned 30 on Saturday.  Boooo.  BUT, I got to spend the day with my amazing family and friends at my baby shower!  I actually picked the date a couple of months ago.  It worked out perfectly with my lacrosse schedule, and I felt that there would be no better way to bring in my 30's than celebrating my sweet baby boy.

My mom and sister planned the entire thing and they did an absolutely phenomenal job.  The day and everything associated with it could not have been more perfect.  It was held at a restaurant called Buena Fortuna - which just so happens to be the Italian restaurant where Matt and I had our first date.  I told you it was perfect!  The decorations were nothing short of awesome.  The amount of detail they put into everything was so evident.  They totally went above and beyond!

They day of party-preparers! My Aunt, neighbor, friend/brother's girlfriend Katie, bff from home Gretchen, and my beautiful sister.  Not pictured is my wonderful mom.. she needed to get in there, too!











The food.  The food was delicious!  We had anti-pasta salads followed by homemade Italian dishes!



I cannot even describe the goodness of this dish!  Delish!  After lunch, we moved onto dessert.  The cupcakes came from a local bakery and they were awesome.  My birthday cake came from the same location and was just as awesome.  Seriously.. I could not get enough of the food!

After food, we played a few games.  I am not huge on shower games, but these were short, sweet and perfect!  My mom had a tray filled with baby items.  Each table got 30 seconds to look at the tray and then one minute to write down everything they could remember that was on the tray.  Some people got almost all of them!  Crazy!  We also played the "measure Allison's belly" game.  I feel like my belly size changes every day.. so that one was tough!  And finally, we played a game with the letters of the alphabet.  You had to list one baby item for each letter in 3 minutes.  I sucked at this one.. totally sucked!  I have a lot to learn!

Then it was time for gifts.  Hudson is one lucky, spoiled little boy already.  We are beyond grateful for every single thing the little guy got and could not be happier.



My friend Kelly is so creative!


Everyone brought a book to share with Hudson.  His library is nothing short of amazing!










This blanket made me laugh.. Matt is a die hard Notre Dame fan and is already planning on Hudson being the same.  My good friend from home made this beautiful Penn State (who I like) themed quilt!  It's awesome!


Seriously.. we are so incredibly lucky and blessed.





This chair is priceless.  I used to play with it all of the time at my Grandma and Grandpa's house and now Hudson will be able to play with it at our house!

Ahh.. his first piece of camo!

I am so blessed to have so many people that made the trip to celebrate our little man.  I wish I could have spent more time with each and every one of you and gotten way more pictures.  It was such a whirlwind of a day, but I loved every single second of it!


My high school besties and baby Jackson!  Julie, we missed you for the picture!  So glad you girls could make it.  Denise, can't wait to celebrate baby Girl Hubbert!

My party planners!  I am seriously so blessed.  You two are awesome and I could not have asked for a better day.  Clearly, I am exhausted at this point.

My momma!

My sister!


I crashed once I got home and everyone left.  Then Matt decided we should go through everything since it was all a whirlwind at the shower!  After a while we realized we hadn't heard a peep from the dogs.. so we went on a search figuring they were destroying something.. and this is what we found.  Too sweet :)


And we got to spend Sunday playing with everything, washing all of the adorable baby clothes (he is going to be a stud!), organizing and putting them away, and putting together all of the big ticket items.

Sophie is so scared of the stroller!

I know this is totally picture overload, but I couldn't help myself.  I could not have asked for a more perfect day.  I cannot express my thank you's enough.  Mom and Abby - thank you all for everything!  It is a day I will never forget!  We love you both so, so much!

To everyone else in attendance - and those who couldn't make it - we thank you from the bottom of our hearts.  It is clear that we are so incredibly blessed and thankful to have each and every one of you in our lives and in Hudson's life.  We could not ask for better family and friends.  We love you all more than you know.  Your support throughout this whole journey means the world to us and we only hope that we can someday repay all of you.

And let's not forget my big birthday gift!  All I asked for from my parents was a vacuum.. and I was pumped to use it on Sunday!  Thank you, mom and dad!



No comments:

Post a Comment