Monday, May 5, 2014

Week 31



How far along: 31 weeks (as of 4.26.14)

Gender: It's a BOY!

Baby is: The size of a pineapple.. about 16 inches long and about 3.5-4 pounds.

Weight gain: 34 pounds as of this week's OB appointment.  

Maternity clothes: All day errr day.  Out with the smalls and in with the mediums (and even larges with some items)!  I actually had to buy shoes this week, too.  My feet have been incredibly swollen for weeks and I literally cannot fit into any of my own shoes - including sneakers and flip flops!  

Stretch marks: Nadda.

Belly button in or out: Still in.

Sleep: I fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow and sleep like a rock.  Until about 1 am.  Then I'm up for a couple of hours and eventually fall back asleep around 3 or so and sleep until about 5:15.  I feel rested most of the day.. and then I go to lacrosse practices or games.  That literally drains every once of energy I have.  Don't get me wrong, I love my team and coaching.. but it is taking all of my energy!

Best moment this week: Realizing that we are down to single digits (in weeks) until we meet our little guy.  I literally cannot believe it!  I feel like some weeks have gone by slowly, while others have passed by in the blink of an eye!  I loved putting together all of his new things over this week.  It is just so exciting getting ready for him!  Our maternity photo proofs also came in.. I am so in love with them!  I will include a link below to a video the photographer made that includes some of their favorite shots.  I have no idea how I am ever going to choose which shots I want to buy!  I also received some amazing birthday gifts from some even more amazing girls in my life.  Chelsea and Kristen - words cannot even express my thanks!  Love you girls so, so much!

Movement: He is very active most days.  I love being able to watch him poke and prod from the outside.  Pretty amazing to see.  It is to the point where you can see him rolling around, too!

Cravings: Bagels with butter, steak, and salad.

Queasy or sick: Feeling good!  

Looking forward to: So many exciting things in the next month or so!  Spending time with friends and family, my brother graduating from college, and the final homestretch to meeting our baby boy!  I am looking forward to getting into my nesting mode - though Matt will probably tell you I am already there!  I have bottles, pacifiers, etc. to sterilize and one last load of laundry.  I am hoping to start packing hospital bags within the next week or two, as well.  If you have any suggestions, please send them my way!

Major props to Blue Dog Imaging for their beyond amazing work!  **The song makes me tear up every time I watch it :)


I'm going to give you a little weekend re-cap in this post as well.  My sister and I attended a Paint Day at my school Saturday morning as part of her birthday gift.  We both enjoyed ourselves very much, and made "masterpieces" at the same time!  While she and I were painting, Matt and my mom were busy planting our flowers and mulching around our house!  My mom also cleaned my downstairs, which was beyond appreciated.  We then did a little shoe shopping at the local shoe outlet sale in town.  Sunday was spent finishing up the mulch, planting the garden, cleaning the upstairs, and doing what felt like endless loads of laundry.  I guess that maybe my nesting has begun :)  Here are a few pictures to document our fun!









My "masterpiece"


Abby's awesome painting!

2 comments:

  1. I love everything about this post! You have the most perfect round bump, it's so cute! It sounds like this has been a good one to you and Hudson. I need to text you soon and catch up. Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The maternity pictures are gorgeous! You are getting so close - how very exciting for all of you :)

    ReplyDelete