Monday, May 12, 2014

Week 32

 
This week's bump picture brought to you by Old Main at Penn State University!

How far along: 32 weeks (as of 5.03.14)

Gender: It's a BOY!

Baby is: The size of a squash.. about 17 inches long and about 4 pounds.

Weight gain: 34 pounds as of last week's OB appointment.  

Maternity clothes: As I said last week, smalls are out and I am officially in all mediums, even some size large items.  It's crazy how much I feel like I've grown in the last week or two.  My feet, legs and hands are swollen 100% of the time.  My feet and legs do get worse as the day goes on (I am on my feet a lot at work), but they decrease in size a bit when I sleep at night.  I can fit about two pairs of flip flops at this point and that's it!

Stretch marks: Nadda.

Belly button in or out: Still in.

Sleep: I fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow and sleep like a rock.  I have been sleeping great this week.. probably because I am completely exhausted.  I go to bed around 9.. I must admit, sometimes I struggle to make it that long.  I wake up on my own around 5 am every day.  I am ok with that.. I am more of a morning person and am much more productive in the morning than I am in the evening.

Best moment this week: Being able to pick out body parts that are "sticking" out of my belly!  On the non-baby related side, the best moment of the week was my little brother's college graduation.  I could not be more proud of all of his accomplishments thus far!  **More on this below**

Movement: He is very active most days.  I love being able to watch him poke and prod from the outside.  Pretty amazing to see.  It is to the point where you can see him rolling around, too.. and I can even pick out which body parts are poking and prodding.  It is simply amazing.

Cravings: Cereal, steak, salad, fresh fruit.

Queasy or sick: Feeling good!  

Looking forward to: So many exciting things in the next month or so!  We have my brother's graduation party coming up, final decorations to put up in Hudson's room, hospital bags to pack, and final preparations and purchases to make.  I must say, I am also looking forward to the end of the school year.  We are down to four weeks with kids (only 3 five day weeks!) and two additional days without kiddos.  It is the homestretch all around!


This week was pretty exciting for my family.  My brother graduated from Penn State University with his degree in Civil Engineering.  We spent Friday in State College attending his graduation ceremonies (a civil engineering ring ceremony started the day), doing some down town PSU shopping, dinner, and of course dessert at the Creamery.  It was such a special day and I could not be more proud of him and his many, many accomplishments!  Throughout his time at PSU, he has not only been in school full time, but also working with the engineering contractors at school over twenty hours per week.  He was able to be a part of the building of the Pegula Ice Arena.. which is huge.. among many other things!  

Here are a few pictures to capture our day.

My brother and sister in front of Old Main.

The graduate.

Family Photo

The civil engineering department. There were over 1300 engineering students that graduated at his ceremony. There were approximately 8 rows of civil engineers.

My brother and his awesome girlfriend, Katie.

So proud of him!

Panoramic shot of the entire facility - Bryce Jordan Center.

My very proud parents with the graduate.

Happy Graduation, Andrew.  I am so, so proud of you and look forward to seeing what the future has to offer you!

No comments:

Post a Comment