Sunday, March 16, 2014

Week 24


This week is such a big milestone - viability week!

How far along: 24 weeks (as of 3.08.14)

Gender: It's a BOY!

Baby is: The size of a cantaloupe.. about 11.8 inches long and about 1 pound.

Weight gain: 11 pounds as of my last OB appointment.

Maternity clothes: You betcha.. and thanks to my sister-in-law, I now have a gigantic maternity wardrobe!

Stretch marks: Nadda.

Belly button in or out: In.

Sleep: Restless, but getting a few hours at a time.  Nothing to complain about.  

Best moment this week: Putting the nursery together!  We were able to put the dressers and crib to place this week and we hung most of his stuff on the walls.  I have a few organizational things ordered and the room will be 98% complete once those come in.  It was so surreal being able to get things ready for him.

Movement: He is an active little boy!  We did have a scare this week when he decided to be extra tired on Wednesday.  By 1:00 pm I hadn't felt any movement - which is totally not normal.  I called my OB and they had me eat a big candy bar.  About thirty minutes later, I felt a few little movements.  The boy likes chocolate and sugar.  They had me monitor him for 24 hours, and by Thursday morning, he seemed to be back to his old moving-self.

Cravings: Popcorn, ice cream, buffalo chicken dip

Queasy or sick: Feeling good!  

Looking forward to: So many exciting things in the next month or so!  Maternity photos, our elective ultrasound, organizing his dressers (yes, I love to organize), re-doing the little guy's bathroom, and a party or two.

2 comments:

  1. Your outfit is so cute! Certain tops have been lifesavers to me postpartum, not to mention they are the comfiest!

    He will be here in the blink of an eye and I am so excited for you as well as Matt. Parenthood is the absolute best and I can't wait for you to experience this with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so adorable! I am so happy you have reached v-day! Trust me when I say the rest will fly by! I hit viability around the new year and I just do not know where the time went!!!!! Love you momma! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete