Sunday, March 23, 2014

Huggies and Chuggies

As I was perusing Pinterest a few months ago, I came across some pins about Huggies and Chuggies parties.  I did a little more investigation, and decided I definitely wanted to host one of these parties for Matt.  Even though he has not been the one receiving the daily injections, getting daily blood work, having up close and personal appointments with Mr. Wandy, etc., he was still busting his butt throughout our cycles.  He gave me my daily injections, traveled with me to almost every appointment, and waited on me hand and foot when I could not do things for myself.  He also puts up with my craziness and shopping addictions for both baby and me :)

He deserved something all for him.

Once we hit our 20 week mark and knew that we were for sure having a boy, I began to put things into motion.  I found an awesome invitation on Etsy, had it customized and ordered.  I came up with a guest list (thanks to one of Matt's good friends) and a menu.  And then it was time to shop!

Matt's party was yesterday.. Saturday, March 22nd.  Perfect timing for my basketball loving husband - March Madness!  I believe we had a total of twenty-three people in attendance.

I got everything ready in the morning, and then left the house and had a girls day with my mom, sister, and friend Stacy.  Our original plan was lunch, pedicures, and a little outlet shopping.  We made it to everything but the pedicures.  My feet and energy level was done at the end of the shopping trip!  You know it's bad when I didn't have the energy to get a pedicure.. haha

Here are a few pictures from the day.  Needless to say, Hudson is going to be spoiled!  He and Matt have some very special people in their lives!



My friend Kelly made this fabulous diaper/beer cake!


The boys did not go hungry.  This was one of two tables of food.

Seriously, these guys did way too much! 

I wish I would have been able to get some pictures of Matt with our family and friends, but I just wasn't on my game yesterday!  

I want to say a big THANK YOU to all of you who made the trip and made this a special day for Matt.  I know he was so happy to be able to just spend time with all of you before the little guy arrives.  You are all too much and went way above and beyond for Hudson and Matt!

Rooney said he would test out the Mamaroo toys!

3 comments:

  1. That seriously has to be the coolest invite ever! Looks like a perfect day and such a cute idea - best wife ever ����

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Allison! This is cutest idea ever. How fun for Matt. You're such a good wife.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea!!! I haven't heard of this til now... love it!!!! So on board and I just showed Scott~ he thinks it's awesome too and said he's down for when the time comes. lol. Super cool!!! What a smart idea. You ROCK!! :) <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete