Monday, March 3, 2014

Week 22


Yes, I am still squeezing into a size Small t-shirt for the event I chaperoned Friday night!  It has since been retired!

How far along: 22 weeks (as of 2.22.14)

Gender: It's a BOY!

Baby is: The size of a papaya.. about 11.5 inches long and about 20 ounces.

Weight gain: 11 pounds as of my last OB appointment.

Maternity clothes: You betcha!  I am loving anything that stretches.

Stretch marks: Not yet.  

Belly button in or out: In.. looking like a black hole. (TMI.. sorry)

Sleep: Sleep was horrible this week, but it's not due to the pregnancy.  I've been fighting a sinus infection most of this week and breathing through my nose at night is the worst.

Best moment this week: Being able to feel my baby boy more and more.  His "awake" schedule has been pretty consistent this week and I love it.  We also got our confirmation for the labor/baby classes we signed up for, and our glider came in this week.

Movement: Feeling it more and more and loving every single kick, punch, and flip flop I feel!  I seriously wish I could feel this all of the time!  Matt was able to feel him for the first time this week and it was awesome.

Cravings: Anything spicy, chocolate, and ranch pretzels.  Good thing I live in the snack capital of the state!

Queasy or sick: Feeling good!  I want to eat constantly.. and I do.

Looking forward to: We finally got the confirmation that his dressers are being delivered, so I am looking forward to getting all of his furniture put into place.  I am also looking forward to the birth of our second niece this week!  She is scheduled to arrive this Friday and we are planning to meet her on Saturday.


If you know anything about Penn State, you know that every year they have a 46 hour event referred to as THON, where the students are on their feet for 46 straight hours raising money for childhood cancer patients.  They "can" for money at intersections and businesses every weekend throughout the fall season and fundraise in other various ways to raise as much money as they can for the Four Diamonds Fund.  My school holds a Mini-THON every year where our students fundraise and then stay on their feet for ten straight hours.. 8 pm - 6 am.  I love chaperoning this event every year.. it is great to see the kids working so hard for such a great cause!  Our Mini-THON was held this past Friday night.. the kids have so many activities to choose from to stay on their feet.  There is dancing, dodgeball, volleyball, a bouncy house/obstacle course, tye-dye shirts, food eating contests, Wii, Xbox, board games, etc.  Here are a few pictures from the evening.  They raised just over $29,000 (233 kids) for the Four Diamonds Fund!





I have also been fighting a lovely sinus infection all week.. and it is showing no signs of leaving any time soon.  The infection also decided a nice dose of pink eye in both eyes was appropriate as well.  So, I spent Saturday night at Express Care getting some meds for the pink eye (they wouldn't give me anything for the sinus infection because I didn't have a fever) and then just sleeping and laying around.  Let's hope this passes sooner than later since my busy time starts this week!  Luckily, I had these two cuddle buddies to hang out with while my awesome husband cleaned the entire house, did five loads of laundry, and got me food!





1 comment:

  1. You are just too cute girlie!! The mini-thon is so amazing!!!!!! I hope that you are starting to feel better and that sinus infection is going away - breathing is hard enough preggo - don't need anything making it worse! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete