Sunday, March 9, 2014

Week 23


How far along: 23 weeks (as of 3.01.14)

Gender: It's a BOY!

Baby is: The size of a grapefruit.. about 11.8 inches long and about 20.8 ounces.

Weight gain: 11 pounds as of my last OB appointment.

Maternity clothes: All day, every day.

Stretch marks: Not yet, but my veins are starting to become very noticeable. 

Belly button in or out: In.

Sleep: Falling asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow, but waking up mid-way through the night and finding that I am unable to fall back asleep easily.  After a few games on my phone, I do eventually fall back asleep and wake up around 5:30 for the day.

Best moment this week: The rest of baby boy's furniture was delivered, so we can put the nursery together!  The temps started to warm up a bit at the end of this week, too.  43 degrees.. heat wave, baby!  AND.. we welcomed another baby into the family this week.  My sister-in-law give birth to a beautiful baby girl Friday morning.  She was welcomed by two older brothers and one older sister.  She is absolutely beautiful!

Movement: Feeling it more and more and loving every single kick, punch, and flip flop I feel!  I seriously wish I could feel this all of the time!  I think I may have felt some hiccups one day this week, but I am not 100% positive.

Cravings: Anything not healthy.. greasy, fatty, fried.. yep.  That's what I want.  BUT, I'm also wanting oranges, too.

Queasy or sick: Feeling good!  I want to eat constantly.. and I do.

Looking forward to: My next OB appointment, scheduling our 28-30 week elective 3D/4D ultrasound, and our maternity photo shoot.  Oh, and Spring!  I so hope that these somewhat warmer temps are here to stick around!


Lacrosse season officially started this week!  We started our first day with 2 inches of fresh snow and a two hour delay.  That resulted in a few night indoor gym practices rather than freezing our booties off in the 20 degree temps.  However, by Friday, the temps had soared to 40 degrees and we were able to spend some time outside on our snowy field.  Hopefully the little bit of running we did to "break up" the snow helped it to melt over the weekend.  I really am looking forward to this season.  I started coaching lacrosse (used to coach field hockey) four years ago, so this year's seniors were my first year freshmen.  It has been awesome watching them learn and grow, and even sign official letters of intent to play in college!  




2 comments:

  1. Could you be any cuter?? And I know this is 23 weeks but I am soooooo happy that baby Hudson has reached viability yay yay yay!!

    ReplyDelete