Dressed and ready for his first official lacrosse game!
How far along: 25 weeks (as of 3.15.14)
Gender: It's a BOY!
Baby is: The size of a head of cauliflower.. about 14.8 inches long and about 1.5-2 pounds.
Weight gain: 21 pounds as of my last OB appointment. A little more on this below!
Maternity clothes: All day, every day.
Stretch marks: None, but the veins are very prominent!
Belly button in or out: In.
Sleep: Sleep was rough this week. I had so much going on for school and lacrosse that my mind wouldn't slow down enough for me to get any good sleep.
Best moment this week: Getting to hear our little man's heartbeat at my OB appointment and making it through another week. Matt also got to feel strong movement this week and that was pretty awesome.
Movement: He is very active most days. However, he does have a day here and there where he is just extra sleepy and does not move near as much. I am also on the move a lot more than what I was used to, so I am sure that has an impact as well.
Cravings: Spicy, ice cream, pizza
Queasy or sick: Feeling good!
Looking forward to: So many exciting things in the next month or so! Maternity photos, our elective ultrasound, my glucose test (not the test itself, but the results) and the birth of some very special babies!
My mom is pretty excited to be a Grandma for the first time!
I had my 25 week OB appointment on Friday. I knew I had gained a decent amount of weight this month, but I was not prepared to hear all she had to say! If you've been following my blog weekly, you will notice that I gained 10 pounds this month alone. Yikes! That puts me at 21 total. While that is not terrible, my OB was not overly thrilled. My blood pressure was normal and I had no protein in my urine. Both big positives! Little H's heart was beating away in the upper 140s. Then it was time to measure my fundal height. She measured me from one side and immediately uttered the word "ohhh". Then she moved to the other side to make sure she was seeing things correctly.
I was 25 weeks 6 days at the appointment and measuring at 28 weeks!
We had a chat about my family history, how big Matt and I were at birth, and my eating habits and swelling. I was 10 pounds at birth. Matt was 5 1/2 pounds, but was one month early. My mom gained a whopping 70ish pounds when she was pregnant with me! I eat a lot.. and most of the time it isn't' healthy. My legs and feet are swelling pretty badly by 10 am daily. I wear compression socks as much as possible and sit as much as I can, but being a teacher and a coach, I am on my feet a lot.
So, what does this all mean? We scheduled my one hour glucose test for Monday, March 31st. My follow up appointment (I am official at the biweekly appointment stage) is Tuesday, April 1st. IF the results show that I do NOT have gestational diabetes (could go either way at this point with my weight gain and measurements), then we will schedule an ultrasound to look at Hudson's size because it is looking like he is going to be a big, big baby like his momma! If I "fail" the test, I will be sent for the three hour test. If I fail that test, then we move on with the typical "treatments" from there and still have the ultrasound to estimate his size. Either way, he is most likely going to be a large baby. As a result, my OB said she will probably recommend an early c-section so that I do not destroy my lady parts and have a horrible experience with childbirth.
None of this is set in stone, and a lot depends on tests and growth over the next couple of weeks. But, we are preparing for both possibilities at this point. Of course, now I look at the few pieces of newborn clothes that we do have and I laugh. If he happens to take after me, he will never get to wear those cute pieces of clothes!
My OB did tell us we have nothing to worry about and we will adjust things as necessary depending how things work out. So, for now we wait until everything is tested and results are in!



Gosh you are just too cute momma! I am gonna be on pins and needles till you next appointment! I know all is going to be great and little Hudson is just going to be one of those adorable babies with a million cute leg rolls! Baby Wik got a onsie that said "love me for my leg rolls" - looks like I need to get Hudson one! ��
ReplyDelete