Let's start this week off by saying this might be my most favorite picture to date. We did not try this or plan it. Rooney just happened to walk in the room and do this right as Matt as taking the picture!
The polar vortex stayed with us through most of this week, but by Friday we were topping out at 40 degrees. Heat wave baby! Matt wrapped up his last full week of basketball season and we had our first full week of new students (new semester began a week and a half ago).
Sophie was put on a diet by the vet.. she topped out at 93lbs at her annual exam. That's 13 pounds more than last year at the same time. We had to cut her food intake in half. When we fill her dish (half way) every morning and night, she looks at us like "seriously, this is all you are giving me?" But, we are hoping it helps her lose the 5 pounds he "suggested"!
How far along: 18 weeks (as of 1.25.14)
Gender: It's a BOY!
Baby is: The size of a sweet potato.. about 5.6 inches long and 6.7 ounces.
Weight gain: 6 pounds as of my last OB appointment.
Maternity clothes: Still mixing and matching. If one more person tells me that my belly looks really, really small and they can't imagine how I need maternity clothes.. I might kick them in the shin. I measured normally at my last appointment, so I don't need to crappy comments from people.
Stretch marks: Nadda.
Belly button in or out: In
Sleep: I fall asleep as soon as my head hits my lovely, gigantic pillow. And then I am wide awake at 5:30.. normally. However, the last few days I have been sleeping until my alarm goes off! And the weekend.. at least 8:00 am!
Best moment this week: Starting a project for baby's room. I was going to order a set of canvas prints off of Etsy, but my friend Julie (art teacher in my school) told me she would help me and we could do it for free! We are about 3/4 of the way done. I'll do a separate post once it is complete. Please note.. I have NO artistic ability!
Movement: Ugh.. I don't know how it is supposed to feel. I read many other blogs and have lots of friends who have had kids or are currently pregnant. Many of them have felt definite movement by this point, but I'm still trying to determine if I have or not. I am 99% sure I have felt a few small movements. But again, I am not 100% positive.. and of course, my mind starts to wander. My OB said not to worry last night, but now I am just anxious for our ultrasound this week to reassure me that he is in fact moving around in there.
Cravings: Pancakes and goldfish crackers.
Queasy or sick: Feeling good!
Looking forward to: Our appointment at Maternal Fetal this week. I am excited to see our little guy in 3D, but am also a little nervous for the genetic portion of the appointment. Once we confirm 100% that he is a boy at this appointment, we are going to order his furniture. I'm pretty pumped for all of that to start, too. Oh.. and more snow on the horizon!
I know I look completely exhausted and probably half stoned in these pictures. We are currently taking them at 6:00 am before work because Matt has basketball games every single Friday night. And there is no way I am in a picture taking mood when he gets home at 10:30.. so early AM it is!
The belly is there, people. It just isn't huge. Also, I made sure to crop out all of the dog snot marks on this mirror. Sophie and Rooney are fascinated with their reflections and try to lick themselves in the mirror.





So excited for you! Glad you're feeling good :)
ReplyDeleteI love everything about this post!! You are just too adorable! And Rooney is totally like yep that's my brother in there! So funny Wrigs doesn't seem all that in to my belly but my sis in law who is almost 36 weeks came over this week and Wrigs went right up to her and was licking her belly - on the outside of her shirt! I was like what the hell dude - you like your cousin better than your brother or sister? Hehe! :)
ReplyDeleteLove love love the pictures and your bump is clearly there! You are looking adorable. So glad everything is progressing well for you!
ReplyDelete