I feel like I should be jamming to Bon Jovi right now! Wooooo we're half way there, ohhhh Livin' on a prayer! Wow.. so surreal to have made it this far. The half way point!
How far along: 20 weeks (as of 2.8.14)
Gender: It's a BOY!
Baby is: The size of a banana.. about 6.5 inches long and 10.6 ounces.
Weight gain: 6 pounds as of my last OB appointment.
Maternity clothes: I broke down and ordered maternity pants this week. The belly band is just not working for all day work pants anymore! I can still fit into some of my shirts, but not too many comfortably.
Stretch marks: Not yet. Using that cocoa butter oil from Kristin daily!
Belly button in or out: In
Sleep: I still fall asleep as soon as I lay down, but it is now broken sleep. I wake up a few times each night, but am able to fall back asleep within a half an hour. Hopefully the new bed and mattress (King size, baby!) we bought this week will help!
Best moment this week: Ordering everything for our little guy's nursery. We ordered his crib, dresser, chest of drawers and glider/ottoman along with his bedding.. which came in (embroidered and all) within three days. Props to Pottery Barn Kids. I also ordered his awesome bath tub from Blooming Bath (check it out.. so stinking cute), a diaper bag, and we have pretty much finalized our registries. I am having so much fun preparing for him. I know we still have 20 weeks to go, but lacrosse season starts in two short weeks (despite having two feet of snow on the ground) and once that starts, my time will be very limited with practices and games six days a week. The season will go until at least mid-May (most likely the end of May) and that will leave little time at the end.. so we are trying to do as much now as possible. Our next step is to paint his bathroom the same color as his bedroom.
Movement: This is by far the best best best part of this week! Friday morning, I was sitting on the couch writing one of my blog posts and I feel a legit kick or punch from Mr. H! I immediately put my hand in the area and was able to feel a few small movements from the outside. Poor Matt. Every time I had him put his hand on my stomach to feel, the little guy would stop. Hopefully he can feel something soon! I have found over the last couple of days that if I sit down after I eat, he is one active little man.
Cravings: The spicier, the better. And hot dogs smothered in cheese.. wtf?
Queasy or sick: Feeling good! I want to eat constantly.


You are too adorable girlie!!!! Love this update and love that you finally are feeling little man - yay!! can't wait for Matt to feel him!
ReplyDelete