Happy Valentine's Day!
I bring this post to you from snow day number SEVEN. Yes, seven. I have been in school (either as a student or teacher) since 1989. I know, I just dated myself. But anyway, in all of those years I have never had this many snow days in one school year. How crazy! I know that we live in the northeastern part of the country and that our winters are usually filled with cold and snow, but I am 99% sure (from what I read) that we broke the record this year for the number of snows we have had that have totaled at least six inches. Our last blizzard was in 1993 or 1996.
We have officially gotten to the point where we need to add days on to the end of our school year - and possibly push back graduation. While these days off are nice now, I know I will be cursing them once the middle of June rolls around. We were originally supposed to have a four day weekend this weekend, but both of our days were used up with previous snow days. As it turns out, we got our four day weekend in the end. Irony? I don't know.
I am looking out my windows right now at two feet of fresh snow that is piled on top of the six inches or snow we had on the ground from last week. Needless to say, the dogs are loving it! Just a few pictures to capture this craziness.
If you look closely, you can see the very top of our mailbox across the street.
Rooney is pumped because he doesn't even have to squat to pee!
Back to Valentine's Day. I have not always been a fan of this holiday because I hate cliches. However, I look past the cliche and celebrate this holiday with my husband for the third year in a row. He is without a doubt my best friend and biggest support system. There is no way I would be where I am today as a person, or we would be where we are today as a couple without him. He is my rock and my shoulder to cry on.. which doesn't happen often ;). Without him, I wouldn't be carrying our sweet baby boy that we both look so forward to meeting in a few short months. He went above and beyond this year with his gift (which I specifically said we were not doing!). I am a Pandora addict and he knows it.
He picked out the H charm for our sweet Hudson and the earrings are our little guy's birthstone.. given he makes his arrival on time!
And last but not least, I want to give a "shout out" to my friend Steph and her husband Chris, who welcomed their baby boy, Jackson, into the world yesterday. Congrats to both of you! He is one handsome little boy!








Awwwww LOVE your girl so so sweet!!!
ReplyDelete