Monday, May 19, 2014

Week 33



How far along: 33 weeks (as of 5.10.14)

Gender: It's a BOY!

Baby is: The size of a durian fruit.. about 18 inches long and about 4.5 pounds.

Weight gain: 39 pounds as of this week's OB appointment.  

Maternity clothes: Loving maxi skirts and dresses right now.. so, so comfortable and perfect for the warmer weather!

Stretch marks: Nadda.

Belly button in or out: Still in.

Sleep: Still falling asleep early and sleeping well, minus the multiple bathroom breaks.  I am starting to wake up around 4:30 now and can't seem to fall back asleep, but still just lay in bed to get the extra rest.

Best moment this week: Realizing how close we really are to meeting Hudson.  I can't believe we have made it this far.. still seems so surreal.  We picked up a few more things that we needed this week and are so, so close to being 100% done and ready!

Movement: He is very active most days.  I love being able to watch him poke and prod from the outside.  Pretty amazing to see.  It is to the point where you can see him rolling around, too.. and I can even pick out which body parts are poking and prodding.  It is simply amazing.

Cravings: Bagels, steak, salad, green grapes and apples.

Queasy or sick: Feeling good!  

Looking forward to: At this point, the end of the school year.  It is so close that I can taste it!  Don't get me wrong, I love my job and the kids, but their motivation is gone and they are done.. which makes every day a struggle.  We have a full week this week, a four day week next week, and a full week the following week with graduation at the end!  As teachers, we have 1.5 days the following week, but they are professional development and should go pretty quickly.  Then we are home free (well minus 2 contract days I need to get in before our little guy arrives!) and it's time to "nest" and get completely ready for Hudson's arrival!


This weekend was pretty eventful!  We went to Babies-R-Us Saturday to pick up the last few items we needed from there and then we headed to Hershey for some fun celebrations with the girls.  We began the afternoon by touring a new, local winery and then doing a VIP tasting.  I tasted water and the yummy snacks, haha.. but did purchase some wine for later!  From there, we moved on to a local brewery (Troegs for all of my beer lovers) where we had some awesome appetizers and picked up beer for our men.. who were at home babysitting all six kids :)  Finally, we ended the night with a beyond delicious Italian dinner at a local restaurant.  




We woke up early Sunday morning so Matt and Tony could do a 25 mile bike ride, went home and did some cleaning and laundry, and then headed off to the All Sports Banquet at my school.  My lacrosse team was recognized for winning our division for the fifth straight year in a row.  I was also honored to present the Female Alumni Athletic Award to one of my former field hockey players.. yes, I used to coach field hockey, too!  I am so proud of all that she has accomplished over her years as an undergrad and am excited for her new beginnings starting in June!  Congrats, Brynn!



Happy Monday, All!



1 comment:

  1. You are just too cute!! And funny I just bought the dress Brynn has on - love it!

    ReplyDelete