How far along: 15 weeks (as of 1.4.14)
Gender: We find this out in early February!
Baby is: The size of a naval orange.. about 4.0 inches long and 2.5 ounces.
Weight gain: Still going with the 4 pounds from my last OB appointment.
Maternity clothes: Mixing and matching at this point. I have officially concluded that my regular jeans (minus one pair of really stretchy jeans from Forever 21) are getting packed away this week. The hair tie trick isn't cutting it anymore and the belly band is a little more difficult with jeans. I am wearing all maternity tanks at this point for the length. Still mixing and matching shirts. I love cardigans and flannels and anything that stretches. I bought a few maternity tops and dresses this week and plan on going for a few more next week. I have also taken over Matt's sweatshirts. I can't believe I actually sported a Notre Dame sweatshirt this week. The Penn State fan in me was cringing the entire time!
Stretch marks: Not yet.
Belly button in or out: In
Sleep: Much better this week. I am dead tired by 8:30 pm and in bed no later than 9:00.. unless it's a basketball game night. I sleep pretty soundly most of the night and only get up once or twice. However, I am wide awake by 5:00 am!
Best moment this week: Growing out of my own clothes. I know some people hate this, but for me it means progress and that our little guy or gal is growing in there! I still love listening to the heartbeat on a daily basis. Baby L also received some sweet gifts from a friend this week. Now, if we could only convince Rooney that they are not for him!
Movement: Not yet.. hopefully soon.
Cravings: Crackers, chips and french onion dip, and pork chops.
Queasy or sick: Feeling good!
Looking forward to: Seeing the bump grow. Also looking forward to our next OB appointment and ultrasound. We are slowly creeping up on our 20 week scan with the maternal fetal specialist where we will be able to find out the gender of Baby L and check for some genetic abnormalities. I have my feelings and Matt has his.. but we are very excited to see who is "right"!
I also had some frustrating moments this week. My anxiety levels are still elevated at this point. It is difficult going from weekly appointments to monthly. I feel like we aren't being monitored at all! I had some spotting early on and that always creeps back into my mind as well. As the bump is becoming more noticeable, people feel the need to make comments to me. There are a few people that feel the need to tell me DAILY that it is small. Ugh.. just what I need! Of course, that makes my mind think a thousand different things and makes me worry. Is it too small? Is the baby growing normally? Are things ok? While I am happy that people want to chat about it, I wish they would just keep those opinions to themselves. I feel like I have plenty of time to "grow" in the next 25 weeks.
Ok, vent over!

GAHHH Baby L is looking so adorable!! I am just love love loving your bump! And you! XOXO
ReplyDeleteUm yes, this has to be the cutest outfit! I love it!
ReplyDelete