Sunday, January 26, 2014

Week 17



How far along: 17 weeks (as of 1.18.14)

Gender: It's a BOY!

Baby is: The size of an onion.. about 5.1 inches long and 5.9 ounces.

Weight gain: I had my 16/17 week OB appointment this week, and I am up a total of 6 pounds at this point.  

Maternity clothes: Pretty much the same.  My pants are officially out unless I use the belly band, which I only do for work on occasion.  I love leggings and wear them as much as possible.. too bad they don't fall under the "appropriate" column for my dress code at work!  Still mixing in my own shirts and maternity shirts.

Stretch marks: None!

Belly button in or out: In

Sleep: I can't get enough!  Of course, this isn't really anything new as I've always been a sleeper.

Best moment this week: Finding out that we are having a sweet baby BOY and being able to see his profile on the ultrasound screen.  I was amazed at how much we could see.  I loved seeing his little arms and legs squirming all over.  He was crossing and uncrossing his feet and rubbing his little eyes with his hands.  The best.

Movement: I think I might have felt a little something when I was laying in bed Friday night, but I am not 100% sure. At this point, I'm not sure I would know what I was feeling.  My OB says within the next 2-3 weeks I should start to feel something.

Cravings: Hot dog shop.  Again.  And I gave in to this craving TWICE in the last two weeks.  I've also really been into Goldfish crackers.. of the cheddar variety.

Queasy or sick: Feeling good!

Looking forward to: Starting to prepare the nursery.  Now that we know we are having a boy, we have officially decided on the room color and Matt has started to paint.  We plan to order the furniture and bedding after our 20 week ultrasound in a couple of weeks.  I am looking forward to that appointment as well because we will be able to see him in 3D/4D!

5 comments:

  1. Hi sweet friend!! You look AMAZING... and oh so adorable!!! Look at that bump!! 6 pounds, I love it! lol. So so soooo excited for you guys! Go, team blue!! <3 Wahoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look sooo great!!! I am so so excited for you!! It's funny you mention goldfish crackers - I'm totally addicted to reduced fat white cheddar cheez its - like cannot get enough hehe! :) <3 you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so cute. A little boy is so exciting! congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are looking adorable! It warms my heart to see your happy ending unfolding. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete