Today we made our weekly trip to Frederick. Another 7:30 appointment for a seven week ultrasound to see our little guy or gal. This week the waiting room was next to empty, so we only had to wait maybe ten minutes before being called back to the smallest exam room ever designed. Dr. Bromer was in to see us and take a look at things. It's amazing how much things can change within a week! This week we were able to see the baby as well as the heartbeat. Wow! Pretty great thing to see on a Tuesday morning! We were told that everything looked great and things are progressing normally. We are scheduled for one more ultrasound next Monday. If things are still looking great, we will officially be turned back over to my regular OBGYN and have an appointment between ten and twelve weeks!
As far as symptoms over the last week, I haven't had many. I am still tired all of the time. I am still constantly hungry and can eat a ton of food without feeling full. I have even been doing a little better with eating those healthy eww foods. I do feel bloated at times, but it is nothing major. Luckily, (knock on wood) I have not really experience morning sickness.. yet. I know, it is still early. I still get sick from my prenatal vitamin every now and again, but it's not often. I am craving hot and spicy food constantly! As of now, our baby is the size of a raspberry and measuring about 1/2 inch long. Here are a few updated pictures for the week!
Again, we still have a few weeks until we are in the "safe zone" and out of the first trimester. We continue to pray, and ask you to do the same for our tiny raspberry!
Moving on to the last week. Matt and I both had something every night last week.. most things dealing with work. It is the end of the school year, so that means it is time for various awards banquets, student showcases, and all-star games. That made for one very tired momma by the end of the week. However, one thing was for sure. I was getting hot wings before this week was over! We went out for dinner and I ate like I had a bottomless pit. An entire plate of seafood nachos (minus the shrimp) and a dozen old bay/hot wings. I was in heaven.. and food coma! This was obviously followed by an early bed time.
Last week was also a good mail week for me. I received the sweetest care package from one of my IF sisters! Thank you, Chelsea! I love every single thing and am so glad to be one of your soldiers.
![]() |
| This is our first bib! |
Sunday was spent with family and could not have been better. My parents & their puppy Charley, my brother (my sister had to work), and my grandparents made the trip to our house. Matt's family also made the trip. It was nice to be able to see everyone and just hang out for the afternoon and enjoy the beautiful weather. Just a few pictures (I have been so bad with taking pictures lately!)
![]() |
| Our nephews |
![]() |
| Our niece |
![]() |
| My brother and our little monster, Rooney |
![]() |
| Rooney and Charley Brown bonding |
![]() |
| Sophie loves her new yard |
| Matt & I |
We feel so blessed to have made it to seven weeks and continue to pray that we make it the remaining 33!
I apologize for another long post and the picture overload.. but I like to share! Have a great week, everyone!







Beautiful ultrasound pic. How amazing! I'm hoping so badly that we get to see the same thing in 2 weeks at ours. Happy 7 weeks and yay for no morning sickness yet, hope it stays that way for you :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for you!! And I must say, that food picture has me very hungry now (I say this at 8:30 in the morning)! Haha! So excited for more updates on the little babe!
ReplyDeleteWoo hoo! 7 weeks already? Seems like time is flying by, well for me anyways! Glad everything is going good with your raspberry (totally didn't know it was ras"p"berry)smart girl over here!!lol and I agree that food looks AHMazing!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you, ladies! Let me tell you, food is a contstant must right now! Rachel, my husband had to tell me how to spell raspberry, so I'm not that smart.. haha. Thank you all for all of your support. I am keeping ya'll in my thoughts and prayers!
ReplyDelete