Monday, May 13, 2013

Whirlwind.

There is no other word to better describe the last couple of days.  A whirlwind.  After my post Saturday, we traveled to York to chaperone my school's prom.  It was a nice, but very long evening.. with everything on our minds.  Just a few pictures from the night.



Sunday was an early morning.  Rooney woke us up around 5:30.. his usual.. which was ok today.  We got up, got ready and began the trek to Kreamer to spend time with family and celebrate my Grandma's life.  Two hours later (and two very energetic pups) we arrived in time for the family viewing.  We then spent the afternoon with family and later returned for the open viewing.  I'm sure you all know, this is a very emotionally draining event.  But, it was nice to celebrate her life with so many people who loved her just as much as we do.

We had an early night Sunday night because we had blood work scheduled for early Monday morning.  This morning came.. and we were back in the car making the drive to Camp Hill.  We got to spend a few minutes visiting Matt's brother-in-law, Luke, who is an ER doctor at the hospital where our lab work was being performed today.  **We had to go to Camp Hill today since we were out of town for my Grandma's services.  I am so glad our clinic works with hospitals out of the area.**  

After our short visit with Luke, we went to the lab.  One very long check-in process and one tube of blood later, we were back in the car making the return trip to Kreamer.  I was told they placed a "Stat" on our order so we could get our results ASAP.  Our nurse is awesome!  However, the woman that took my blood was not so awesome today.  


Of course we were anxiously awaiting our results today.  It was a big day.  If our numbers at least doubled, things were working in our favor, and our now zygote was doing its thing.  If they did not, we could expect a miscarriage.  My phone rang around 12:00.. while my entire extended family was eating lunch in the same room.  While I love them all, I was not ready to hear the results in front of everyone just incase.  So, outside I went.  As soon as I answered, I heard our nurse on the other end of the phone. She is always so happy, so it is difficult to judge things by the tone of her voice.  But today, she was very excited.  My numbers didn't double.  They actually more than tripled!  My HCG in my beta test was 400.  Today, my HCG level was 1303!  As a result of this, Dr. Bromer decided that we do not need any more blood work and then we could go ahead and schedule our first OB ultrasound for next Monday!  What a blessing to get this news.. especially on a day like today!

The Mother's Day card Matt got me from our future baby - which is  now a zygote!

We shared with our family that was at the house and everyone was more than excited.  Then, it was time to go to the funeral home.  Sorry if I am mentioning this too much, but my Grandma was a special lady and deserves to be recognized.. especially since I am so much like her!  Her service was absolutely beautiful.  She was fashionable as always (I get my shopaholic traits from her) and so many people joined us in celebration.  I will miss this lady very much.  I got my stubbornness, drive, strength, outspokenness and so many other things from her.. which will carry on through my life and hopefully my future child's life.

When everything was over, it was time to make our trek back to Hanover.  We are only given one day off for the passing of a grandparent, so both Matt and I need to return to work tomorrow.  When we pulled in our driveway, I saw a beautiful arrangement of flowers on our front porch as well as a gift bag by our garage.  When I went and picked up the flowers, I immediately felt blessed.. and of course more tears came again.  Not tears of sadness, but tears of gratitude and appreciation.  These beautiful flowers were from my wonderful IF sister who lives many states away.  I could not be more thankful for this gesture and these flowers.  How sweet and thoughtful!  THANK YOU :)


Upon further investigation, the gift bag in the driveway was from my awesome mother-in-law.. and was actually two gift bags - one for me, and one for Matt and I together.  The gift bag for me included a beautiful card and the Remembrance Willow Tree Angel.  Again, more tears.  

The second gift bag included a card that was just as nice and a inspirational piece to celebrate our great news from earlier today.  Thank you, thank you, thank you :)


So, it is now 10:00, we are unpacked, I have prepared this post.. and now I am completely exhausted (as are our two dogs that are currently sleeping at my feet).  I have noticed that I am tired 99% of the time right now.. and (sorry guys) my boobs hurt.  No other way to explain that.  My face also looks like I am 15 again.. all broken out.  But, I am not complaining!  This is, and will be completely worth it!  I will continue to follow the diet I was given as well as light activity for the next week until we have our ultrasound.. which is scheduled for Monday, May 20th at 7:30 am.  Less than a week away!

2 comments:

  1. I actually got teary reading this. So glad you're Grandma's service was beautiful. Hope you're doing ok xx and as for the beta, woah! Amazing number! That is fantastic! Can't wait to hear about your scan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I am so late in reading this! I am so happy for you both and I am so sorry about your Grandmother. What an emotional rollercoaster, however, I am happy to hear you got some great news!!

    ReplyDelete