Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Football, anyone?

Today is officially 4dp5dt (four days past our fifth day transfer) of our 2WW (two week wait).  Only. Day. Four.  I feel like the days are dragging at this point.  People keep asking me how I am feeling.  Honestly, I am feeling pretty good.  The bruises from the almost constant blood work are starting to go away. (Ignore the messy desk.. we are rapidly approaching the end of the school year.  And yes, that is two bottles of hand sanitizer.  I don't want their germs!  However, on a positive note, this week my kiddos are learning how to blog appropriately!)

The picture doesn't do it justice..

My OHSS has subsided (for the most part) and I am back to a pretty normal diet and daily routine.  Luckily, as painful as my symptoms were, I was considered to only have a mild case of hyperstimulation.  I feel for those who have much more severe cases.  Ouch.

I can say that there are thoughts lingering in my back of my mind constantly.  Should I have extended my bed rest time period to two days instead of one?  Should I have stayed home on Monday to take it easy?  Should I be walking at lacrosse practice as much as I am?  Should I be yelling at games and practices less?  Should I be eating differently?  Should I be doing less?  Am I doing something wrong?  Should I be feeling any symptoms at this point?  Is it bad that I am not?  I'm sure those of you going through the same, or even similar things are thinking the same things.  Or, maybe I am just crazy.  Could go either way.

The good news, however, is that yesteday we did receive an exciting phone call from Dr. Bromer.  The lab called with our final number of frozen embryos.  We have FOURTEEN potential babies frozen for future transfers.  Holy crap.  Bascially, a football team!  Or two basketball teams with a few on the bench.  Could you imagine?  He indicated that we should (I use that term lightly) not have to go through any more fresh cycles.  That means we should not need to harvest again.  If we do future frozen cycles, I will need additional rounds of injections, blood work and ultrasounds, but no more stupid IVs and anesthesia.  Though, as I keep saying, these things will all be worth it in the end. 

Meanwhile, I have been able to spend my time with not only my awesome husband, but my kick-ass lacrosse team as well.  Crazy that tonight is their senior night already and playoffs begin next week!


Our furbabies have also been attached to my hip during the last few weeks!

Roone is a licker..
 
Sophie has hit the "relaxing" age

At this point, we are just playing the waiting game.. and my mind will continute to wander and think these "crazy" thoughts.  My first beta test is on Friday, May 10th.  Until then, we will wait.  And hope.  And pray.  No hpt's (home pregnancy tests) because the hormones from the previous injections can give false results.   In other words, you might get random posts from our life over the next few days instead of updates!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Good for you not testing!! I could never do that. smh
    And 14!! Holy cow!! That is amazing!!!! Happy happy happy as Gpa Phil would say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's only day 4.. give me time. I'm sure I will cave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pup is super cute! Good luck in your 2WW. I hope your beta brings good news in 9 days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way :)

    ReplyDelete