and took a pretty major blogging hiatus. It wasn't on my planned agenda, but life got a bit busy because I did a few other things during the past four months as well.
So, let's have a probably rather lengthy recap.
The last post I made was my 36 week review with Miss E. Basically, I had a gigantic belly, could no longer fit in my maternity clothes, and was in the process of getting all of my work stuff together for maternity leave. Oh, and trying to deep clean my house and make some freezer meals. Fast forward about ten days later.. I got majorly uncomfortable, things became painful and shit got real.
My c-section was scheduled for November 2nd - I would be 39w2d. Ellie (I will do a birth announcement post for her soon) had other plans. On October 27th (one week prior to this date) I went into labor on my own during the night. We went to L&D for monitoring, stuff happened, and she was born via c-section later that day. Then shit got really real. We have two kids.. which means we are now in man to man defense. Well, we will be when basketball season is over.. which leads to my blogging hiatus.
We adjusted to being a family of six - human family of four. We got through the newborn stage. Oh, and the holidays, too.
We decided to keep things small this year because.. newborn, so we had Thanksgiving dinner at our house with my parents. It was quiet and relaxing. The girls decided to introduce Ellie to what Black Friday shopping is all about, and I finishing my shopping!
Fast forward another 4 weeks and it's Christmas. Holy craziness. We again changed our plans last minute. We spent Christmas Eve day at my sister in laws house and then traveled to my parents to spend Christmas Eve (cut back on traveling big time) one last time before Hudson understands what exactly is going on. From there on out, our holiday was like it has been for the past few years. Family celebrations, friend celebrations, and just plain fun.
Of course Hudson was sick. With a virus. The kind medicine doesn't help. He didn't open a single gift, but went down his new slide approximately 2094573459 times and shot his basketball in his new hoop about 10 more times than that. And he sneezed snot all over the place, too.
Ellie was all into her sleep and formula, but gave us all big smiles and looked like a diva in her skinny jeans.
Both kids were incredibly spoiled and we are so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends.
Fast forward to mid-January and it's time for momma to go back to work. Cue the ugly cries, stress, and sucky-ness.
I'm about 3 weeks into work now (give or take a few days since we had Blizzard Jonas.. aka Snowzilla) and things are going well. We have a routine in place and the kids stick to it. Oh.. and we have two more days left in basketball season. Can I get a hell yeah? No, really.. I'm glad Matt coaches because I know he enjoys it.. and Hudson enjoys the days he gets to tag along to practice or play with the big boys before games.. but it will be nice to have 4 hands rather than 2 at bath and bed time. Oh, and have some time to start trying to lose that baby weight (and not eat 5000 m&ms a day). Just sayin'.
So, that's our last few months in a nut shell. I promise to try and be better about posting, but obviously I can guarantee nothing. Hudson is an active boy and requires constant watching as he tries to dive head first off of our front porch (that is 3 full steps off the ground), run straight off the couch, and slide head first off of the ottoman. And Ellie is starting to be super interactive, so we all have a fun time entertaining her. Especially big brother.
I'll leave you with a few pictures illustrating our life the past few months. And hopefully start working on Ellie's birth post.
Also, here's to an early Spring! Unless Punxsutawney Phil is a jerk and lied to us. Again.















yeah! welcome back. So good to hear from you and the pictures are precious!
ReplyDelete