Friday, February 19, 2016

Friday Favorites

It's been a long time since I've done a Friday Favorites post, but we have a few major favorites going on in our house right now.  So, without farther ado.. I give you my current favorite things.



1.  Swimwear.  Boys and girls!  Maybe it's because I'm over the cold (which honestly, haven't even been bad this year thanks to El Nino) or maybe it's because Spring is less than 30 days away.. either way, I'm loving all of the swimwear for the babes.  I am into all neon colors for Hudson because he gets so tan in the summer - thanks to the Italian skin he inherited from Matt.  As for Ellie, give me all of the frills!  This one piece is my favorite, and she will be sporting it at swim class as of next week!  Carters (my go to since we have a local outlet) has some super cute tankinis out for baby girls.  I cannot wait to make her summer purchases!

2.  Watermelon.  This one might sound odd considering it's February.  But seriously, watermelon is a staple in our house.  It is the ONLY food that Hudson likes on a consistent basis.  I wish he would like more things on a consistent basis (mac & cheese.. of the Kraft variety is right up there), but if it has to be one thing, I'm glad it's fruit.  I just wish it were in season all year round so it wouldn't cost approximately $77 per watermelon.  Ok, maybe not that much.. but you get my drift.

3.  Enfamil coupons/rebate checks.  Yes, please.  I am so thankful for these.  Ellie is a bit of a tank and enjoys eating.  Like A LOT.  The girl can house a full 8 ounce bottle in about 5 minutes.  Like it's her job or something.  This happens four times a day.  Needless to say, we are going through formula like there's no tomorrow.  Enfamil is the only thing that seemed to work with her tummy when she was a newborn, so I am sticking to it.  Luckily, between what we get in the mail and what friends give us, I haven't had to pay full price for a single container.  And I have found the best deals to either be at Target or BJ's (our local Costco type store).

4.  Maytag washers.  This is a love/hate relationship.  I hate that we had to spend the money on a new washer.  (Thanks to President's Day sales we got a pretty good deal.)  But I'm going to love the fact that I can wash more than 10-15 articles of clothing at a time.  Seriously.  Until this thing is delivered, that's my current status.  We have a front load right now and I loathe the thing.  The spin cycle won't work (and it's already been fixed) if I wash more than 10-15 pieces at a time.  Who's got time to do 10 loads of laundry every weekend?  Not me.  That's for sure.  I have another week to wait for delivery, but I am anxiously awaiting it's arrival.  Is it bad that buying a new appliance makes me happy?  Welcome to official adulthood.

5.  My Kindle Fire.  This has been my bff lately.  Now that basketball is over, I have a little bit of time each night to finally start trying to lose some of this baby weight.  We have a treadmill in the basement.  The dreadmill (yes, that's my name for it) is boring.  Very very very very boring.  The only way I can get through my run/walk each night is if I have a good book to read on my Kindle.  My phone screen is just too small to read on while running.  Or maybe it's just me and I'm showing my age.  Either way, Kindle to the rescue.  I am also able to download apps so I can do a social media catch up as well.  

In addition to the Kindle, my FitBit is right up there.  I know it probably isn't the most accurate, but it's a lot of my motivation (other than being able to close my work pants).  I'm in some weekly competitions with co-workers, family members, friends, etc.  Being able to see their steps motivates me to do more - and do better.  Because I want to win first place one week, darn it.  Just one.  That's all I'm asking.  That's the competitiveness coming out in me, but it works.  It gives me the drive to do the "five extra minutes" each day.  And I just finished a great book that has given me major motivation to de-clutter and downsize things!

6.  Warm mist humidifier.  This thing is magic.  Pure magic.  Ellie inherited my night time congestion.  The poor girl gets so congested every night when she sleeps.  It literally takes me 5 solid minutes to suck her nose out every morning.  Sorry for the visual, but real life folks.  This thing has helped her sleep tremendously.  We turn it on the highest setting and her room gets so warm and rain forest like.  She's good until about 4:30 am when she needs the pacifier to get through the rest of the night, or she needs her nose cleaned out just a little bit so she can breathe better.  Prior to using this on a daily basis, she was up around midnight needing something.. and then again a couple of hours later.. and again.. and it was a vicious cycle.  Now, she sleeps like a queen!  We also use this with the Vicks insert when someone is sick.  That makes a huge difference, and also makes the bedroom have a nice minty aroma for a few days.  Totally worth it in my books.  

Those are my current favs!  Oh, and the fact that it's Friday and I get to spend the weekend with my kiddos and husband with a nice visit from a good friend from home!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment