Monday, September 14, 2015

So long, summer

Summer has officially come to an end - in our house at least.  This year we decided to send it out with a bang!

I am getting to the point in my pregnancy where I'm not allowed to travel far distances, so we took advantage of some family time and made a trip to our favorite beach for the long Labor Day weekend.  We had never been there at this time of year, and let me tell you.. it was perfect.  Temps were in the mid 80s, water temps were in the upper 70s, low 80s.. and the crowds were non-existent.  It was so nice and relaxing and we loved spending every minute with family.

Hudson was much more into the sand and ocean than he was in June.  Now that he's walking, we literally could not keep him out of the ocean.  We'd sit him down in the sand to play, and two seconds later he was up and full on sprinting to the waves.  I'm glad he is not afraid, but it also takes a toll on the nerves when you watch your 14 month old run to the giant body of water!  Good thing Matt doesn't mind taking him swimming, because I sure couldn't do it at this point!

We spent most of our mornings in the pool lounging on rafts and chasing the 67463214657 balls that Hudson was throwing out of the pool.  We had delicious fresh seafood one last time and even had dinner at the restaurant where our rehearsal dinner was held three years ago.  Oh, and who can forget the daily ice cream!

We came home late Sunday night so that we would still have Monday to recoup before heading back to work Tuesday.  I also took Monday (even though it was 90 degrees outside) and turned the inside of our house into a fall festival!  Well, not a total fall festival because I am lacking in decorations.. but you get the point.

Here are a few pictures from our mini-vacay!






I also hit the 31 week mark while we were at the beach.  There is a HUGE difference from when we were there at 18 weeks!  Yikes!  I now remember why I cut my hair and wear it down 99% of the time.


How far along: 31 weeks (as of 9.5.15)

Gender: It's a GIRL!

Baby is: The size of a pineapple.. about 16 inches long and about 3.5-4 pounds.

Weight gain: 35 pounds as of this week's OB appointment.. exactly the same as my pregnancy with Hudson, except that I don't have the major swelling/water retention this time around.  Apparently, I'm just large! haha

Maternity clothes: Yep.. and a size up from my normal as well.  My belly is much bigger this time around, so I have to accommodate for that.

Stretch marks: Nadda.

Belly button in or out: Almost totally popped.  It's freaking weird.

Sleep: Sleep is pretty crappy at this point.  I fall asleep early and sleep well for a couple of hours.  Then I am up and down with bathroom breaks and insomnia.  I don't feel totally un-rested, though.. so it's all good.

Best moment this week: Finishing up E's nursery and buying the last few things we needed to be ready for her arrival.  We have to move the glider from Hudson's room to hers, and then her room is officially finished.  I bought the last few things we needed off of Amazon, and now we are good to go.  I also got the confirmation of my section date and time.. and now it is way real.  We are down to a few short weeks.  I seriously feel like this pregnancy has flown by!

Movement: She is super active in the evening once I finally get to sit down.  You can see body parts just moving like a wave across my belly.  She is currently breach, so her arms must be practicing for lacrosse or something.

Cravings: Chocolate chip cookies, ice cream, bagels.

Queasy or sick: Feeling good, though somewhat queasy when I wake up during the night.  

Looking forward to: Nesting mode.  Odd, I know.  But I'm looking forward to getting the house totally cleaned and prepared and meeting our little girl.  Hudson has no clue what is coming, but we have been working on the word "baby" and having him feel my belly daily.  Fall.  Fall temperatures and fall activities!  We plan to hit up the pumpkin patch, decorate the outside of the house and carve pumpkins.  All things Hudson can enjoy this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment