Monday, August 31, 2015

Week 29




How far along: 29 weeks (as of 8.22.15)

Gender: It's a GIRL!

Baby is: The size of

Weight gain: 30ish pounds.  Oy vey.  I'm not swelling this time and my weight game is exactly the same as it was with Hudson at this point!  

Maternity clothes: Oh yes.  The belly is large this time and I've grown out of most of my summer maternity clothing.

Stretch marks: Nadda.

Belly button in or out: Bizarre.  Just bizarre.  It's not fully popped, but it's close.  I wish I could go back and tell my 16 year old self not to get my belly button pierced because it is just going to look all nasty when pregnant.

Sleep: Not the best.  I wake up the normal 4-5 times to go to the bathroom.. and I just can't seem to get comfortable because I'm always hot!

Best moment this week: Our second try at a 3D/4D ultrasound proved to be successful!  E was not cooperative last week and not only was turned toward my spine, but also had her face squished into the placenta.  She was still using the placenta as her pillow this week, but she opted to give us a few smiles, frowns, and even a yawn.  She is active, but not as active as Hudson was.  Her movements are more like rolls at this point as they believe she is a little above average in size.  Matt and I both think she looks like me and has some resemblances of Hudson as well.  Oh, and the tech said she had a good amount of hair, too!  I can't wait to see what she looks like next to Hudson on the outside.

Movement: She is relatively active - just not as active as Hudson was.  Her movements are much more pronounced after I eat or drink ice water.  Homegirl loves ice water.  She keeps moving positions (head down, breach, sideways) which leads to big rolling movements.

Cravings: Chocolate.  Give me all of the chocolate.

Queasy or sick: Feeling good!  

Looking forward to: So many things to look forward to.  Her nursery is 99% finished. We just have to move the glider from Hudson's room to her room and it is done.  She has an abundance of clothes, but I haven't washed any because I want to be able to return things that don't fit - if that happens.  I also need to sterilize her new bottles.  We have a few more things to pick up and then we are completely ready for Miss E's arrival.  I'm also looking forward to a mini family vacay coming up.  Nothing major, just a few days at the beach before I am cut off from travel and before summer officially comes to an end. Speaking of, I'm ready for that.  The heat sucks and I'm over it.  I'm ready for fall temps, pumpkin spice scents all over the place and sweatshirts.  And sweatpants.  Give me everything sweats.  And of course, looking forward to her arrival in 10ish short weeks!



No comments:

Post a Comment