Three posts in one week. I'm apparently going for a record or something.
Anyway, exactly one year ago today we were released from our RE at 8 weeks and today my baby boy is 5 months old. I have no idea how time has passed us so quickly! I missed a four month post, so I decided to be sure to write a five month post.
I am not 100% positive how much Hudson currently weighs, but I do know that he was 16 pounds at his four month appointment and he has grown quite a bit since then. If I had to guess, I'd say he is between 18 and 19 at this point. He's got rolls fo' days!
He is currently transitioning out of 6 month clothes and into 9 month clothes. He has about 2 pairs of 6 month pants he can fit into as well as a couple of long sleeve t-shirts.. everything else in the 6 month department is a no bueno.
Food. This kid LOVES to eat. We got the go ahead at his four month appointment to start giving him purees. We started with fruits - he likes bananas, pears, and homemade peaches and applesauce. He isn't having any of those tart baby food peaches. He was still hungry. So, we added in veggies. So far he likes carrots, squash and his all time favorite is sweet potatoes - gross. For breakfast he is currently having rice cereal and an 8 ounce bottle. For lunch he has a fruit and an 8 ounce bottle. He has about 2 ounces of juice in the afternoon. At dinner he has a veggie, fruit, and 8 ounce bottle. And one last 8 ounce bottle at bedtime. Like I said, he loves to eat.
Bath time is also a favorite. He is so much fun in the bathtub. He loves to splash and chomp on his bath toys. He finds it quite comical when he straightens his body out completely so he slides off of his "prop". It becomes a game of how-many-times-do-we-have-to-reset-Hudson's-position. And he loves it.
Hudson is still a rock-star sleeper. He goes to bed around 8:30 and sleeps until 6:30 on weekday mornings (when I have to get him up) and sometimes even later on the weekends. He has a rough night here and there, but nothing to complain about. He naps well both for us and the babysitter. He is very content laying in his crib talking to himself for a good ten minutes or so once he does wake up. I love laying in bed listening to him coo and talk to himself. It's awesome.
We have a babe on the move. No crawling over here yet, but he is a rolling fool. Back to belly, belly to back. It's pretty cool to see. He starts in one direction and ten minutes later he is facing a totally different direction. He also loves Sophie and Rooney. Rooney is much more interactive with him, so he is especially intrigued by our yellow guy. He has literally started to pet him and grab his hair. Good thing we have dogs with awesome personalities.
Hudson is also becoming a flirt. He will look at a girl, then smile and turn and hide his face in my chest. It is so, so funny! He knows me, Matt, my mom, and his babysitter by voice and face now and smiles every time he sees are hears each one of us. It's the best!
These five months have been the best. I love every second I get to spend with my little guy and I wouldn't trade any of it for the world. He never ceases to amaze me with his learning and achievements each and every day. I love you, baby boy!

No comments:
Post a Comment