Friday, November 14, 2014

Hiatus

It's November 14th.  I guess you could say I've been on a bit of a blogging hiatus for the last few weeks.  Hudson turned four months (almost five) and I never got the chance to blog about that.  Maybe this weekend, maybe not.  I decorated the inside of my house for Christmas - except the tree.  Maybe I'll get around to posting pictures.. once the tree is up.  We had some flurries yesterday - like enough to coat my yard, but that's the norm in the north-east so I probably won't be posting about that.  Until we get a good one.  Then you will see pictures.  I got a pretty horrible pp period.  I'll spare you the details on that.

I have found that life is keeping me pretty darn busy.  And when I do have a break, I just don't quite know what to blog about these days.  I love to post about Hudson, but I also don't want to "over do" it and make some of my dear friends who are fighting the infertility battle sad.  Oh hey, speaking of, I am infertile again.  And I'm sure I'll be posting more about that as time progresses.  Hudson and I are headed on a "girls vacation" in a week or so.  I'm sure I'll post some pictures from that.  I bashed mom wars a few weeks ago and got quite an array of responses from that one - mostly a lot of "hell-yeahs", but still the few snotty know it all comments.  To those people, I have said, "Bye Felicia" (insert cocky princess wave with a giant smile on my face).  And it felt pretty darn good.

I promise I will try to be more diligent about posting.  But, then again, basketball season starts on Monday and I become a "basketball widow" for a few months - aka - night time single mom.  So, time will tell.

Today I decided to get some inspiration from a couple of my fellow blogger girl friends and post a few of my current favorite things.  They are nothing special; just things that I am loving right now.. in no particular order.


Number 1. Carter's Christmas outfits for boy. As a "boy mom", I find the lack of fashionable boy clothing to be very frustrating.  That's where Carter's comes in.  If you don't have one near you, I feel bad for you, son.  They have the most adorable AND affordable boy clothes.  And I am so in love with all of their holiday lines!  I am counting down the days until I can put Hudson in his Christmas outfit.  Or rather, outfits.  I just can't help myself.  These stores are so dangerous.  And they always have super awesome sales.  So, kudos to you, Carter's, for being fashion forward with itty bitty boy clothes and making them incredibly affordable.

Number 2. Christmas decorations.  (Disclaimer - this is not my tree.  It would be awesome if it was.)  No, I did not say holiday.  I said Christmas.  Nothing pisses me off like someone saying "happy holidays" rather than "Merry Christmas".  Remember the reason for the season, people.  Anyway, I have gone ahead and become "that person" and decorated the interior of my house for Christmas.  On November 8th.  Judge me.  I'm already over it.  There is just something about the holiday season that makes things extra special and joyful.. and this year trumps them all - to date.  And I'm not going to lie, I think my house looks so much prettier with Christmas decorations out on display.  I am so beyond excited to spend Christmas with Hudson that I just cannot contain myself.  I may or may not have already started wrapping some gifts.  Yes.  I'm that excited.  The only thing we do not have up (inside) yet it our tree.  We do get a real tree and that will be coming the weekend after Thanksgiving.  Prepare yourself for pictures at that point.

Number 3.  Winter is upon us in the North-East, folks.  It's cold.  There's frost.  We even had a dusting of snow already.  My car is parked i
n our garage, but our garage is not heated.  So, cold temps call for heated seats!  I love mine - seriously love.  They heat up faster than the car and my butt is all nice and happy on my drive to and from work.. and wherever else I may go.  Totally worth the extra bucks if you live in a region that suffers cold winters.  Your bum will thank you.

 Number 4.  New, warm, stylish coats.  We traveled out of town for a wedding a couple of weeks ago.  I had a dress that was appropriate for the forecast and was ready to go.  Then it got windy.  And it rained.  And I didn't have a coat.  So, off to the closest store I could find.  Old Navy.  And it was perfect timing!  While I didn't want to spend a fortune on a coat (I'm still trying to lose all of my baby weight and have faith - haha - that one day I'll be able to fit all of my old coats.), I still wanted something that I would be able to use more than once and that would go with more dressy attire.  Just my luck!  Old Navy had all of their wool coats on sale for $25.00 until 1:00 pm that day.  Good thing I made my decision early enough in the day!  This $25.00 coat is not only cute, but also very warm.  I give it two thumbs up.

Number 5.  Aden and Anis sleep sacks.  It has happened.  Hudson has learned to break free from his (armpit down) swaddle.  And right now, everything he gets in his hands goes into his mouth.  So, after looking into the video monitor and seeing the blanket in the mouth on more than one occasion, I decided that he was trying to tell me that he is officially done with being swaddled. (Insert ugly cry here.)  Hudson wears the one piece sleepers to bed, but it is still too cold to not have a 'blanket' of some sort.  That's where these awesome sleep sacks come into play.  This weekend we will be trying our first sleep sack.  It seems a bit big, but judging from pictures I've seen, it's ok.  He fits the weight requirements for the size I bought, but is at the very bottom end of the height.  So, we will see how this works.  Either way, I'm glad they have something else out there that we can use to keep the little guy warm while he is sleeping.  Oh, and they are just as soft as the swaddle blankets.  And they really make me want to get the dream blanket not only for Hudson, but the adult version for myself.  Just sayin', Santa.

Number 6.  Making my son look like a teddy bear.  Just kidding.  A little.  Carter's has this cute little snowsuit? (I don't know what else to call it), one piece thing that is light-weight enough to wear over his clothes, but still have a tight fit in his car seat.  (Cue the car seat wars here.)  And let's face it, anything that has a hood complete with ears, is cute in my book.  And the softness.  Again, I want one for myself.  Sorry, Hudson.  There will be pictures of you wearing this.. and they will be shown to your significant other in 18 years.  Anyway, this is perfect for the cold days that are now upon us.

Number 7.  Last, but certainly not least, are the infamous Starbucks "red" holiday cups.  I got my first one this week and could not be more excited!  Again, just something about this season that is just so darn magical.  I hope to enjoy a few more warm drinks from these festive cups before the season comes to an end.  I hope you do, too.

So, there you have it.  Some of my current favorite things.  I hope you all have exciting things planned for this weekend.  Maybe even a little decorating?  Happy Friday!


Oh, and no post would be complete without a picture of this guy.  I just love him to pieces.  XOXO

1 comment:

  1. We love our a+a sleep sacks! My advice buy lots! Ceej sucks on his so I get one night out of them before they start stinking haha! And the pic at the bottom - I die! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete