Less than a week after we returned from Boston, we loaded up the truck and made our annual trip south to the Outer Banks, NC. Our normal drive is about 6.5-7 hours one way. This year, traffic was horrendous. Our trip down took almost 11 hours. Hudson was an absolute trooper. We stopped twice for him to eat and have a diaper change. He slept almost the entire way and was content when he was awake. I ended up having to sit in the back seat for the last three hours so I could entertain him, but he still did great!
We had a lot of fun this year! We spent the first rainy day doing some shopping for the little guy and had dinner at the Outer Banks Brewing Station. Day two was still a bit rainy, so we hung around the house and did some shopping around town.
Days 3, 4, 5 and 6 were beautiful! We spent most of those days on the beach, with a break for the pool on day 3 when it was literally 95 degrees with 98% humidity. Again, Hudson was awesome. He hung out in his little tent under and umbrella while we were at the beach. He ate a few meals in my beach chair as well. He got his feet in the sand and ocean and was dipped in the pool. He seemed to enjoy all three! Of course, the shock of the water the first time for both was a little surprising, but after that initial shock, he was totally into it. I literally took 500 pictures on this trip, but promise not to share them all with you. I am going to share my favorites - which are still probably more than you care to see. Regardless, here you go!
I know, I know. A few too many pictures. But our week was too great not to document!
This is a pretty big week for us. We both have to prepare our classrooms for the upcoming school year - which starts next week. While I am not going back immediately, I still need to unpack my new classroom and prepare plans for my substitute. I also have my 8 week PP appointment this week and am hoping to be released to start doing some exercise. I've got about 20-25 more pounds to lose and in a fantasy world, I'd like to fit into my work clothes by the time I go back in 5 weeks. Like I said, fantasy! This week also brings major meal planning for the first couple months of school. I am putting together about twenty frozen crock pot meals today - after my major grocery haul yesterday. I'm hoping this will alleviate some stress once I am back full time. Oh, and boo to going back full time. But, it is what it is and works for us, so it's all good.
Happy Monday, all! (oxymoron, I know.)































No comments:
Post a Comment