Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Month Two

Did I really just type month two up there?  Wow.  Time really is flying.  I can't believe my sweet little boy is two months old already!  I absolutely love watching him develop and change daily.  Oh.. and grow!  As much as I don't want him to grow up, it is amazing how quickly he is doing so.

This month Hudson has gained three pounds (at least.. we go to the doctor in a few days) and grown about two inches.  He now responds to Matt and my voices and will turn his head in our direction if we are not holding him.  He responds to us with smiles.. which melts my heart about a hundred times daily.  Hudson loves toys that make noise and will follow them from side to side.  He loves his play mat and has started batting at the hanging bees.  The swing had to move up a notch in speed because level one is just too boring for him now!  His head control is awesome.  We have sat him in his gumbo chair a few times and he is so close to being able to hold he head completely!  He still hates tummy time, but we push through each day.

Hudson is still sleeping well.  He sleeps in his crib and wakes up one time in the middle of the night - about six hours after he is put down.  I'll gladly take a six hour stretch of sleep followed by another three to four after that feeding.  I'm still a crazy monitor watcher, but hey.. I think I'm allowed!  He is on a breakfast-lunch-dinner-bedtime bottle schedule and is eating six ounces at each feeding.  He has officially grown out of all of his newborn clothes and is rocking everything three months.  Insert tears here.  I cried when I packed up his newborn stuff.  How is this possible already?  Slow down, baby boy!

I am loving each and every second with this little miracle and cannot wait to see what the next month has in store for us.  I love you, Hudson!

Here are some of my favorite pictures from month two!  (minus beach and other vacay pics that you've already seen)










1 comment: