Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Favorite things part Two



It's time for round two of my current favorite things!

1.  Very Bradley Throw Blanket - I don't have much to say about this other than it is incredibly soft and super comfortable.  Perfect for those baby cuddle sessions on the couch and the occasional momma naps.

2.  Baby Camo.  Yep.  So in love with this trend!  I would be lying if I said Hudson didn't already have three camo outfits for the upcoming season.  Just so stinking cute!

3.  Groupon and their canvas sales.  I love Groupon.  I bought these four (plus another) canvas prints from the CafePress deal.  I was so thrilled with how they turned out, that I actually just purchased another voucher for two additional canvases.  These particular (and those I just purchased) are 16 x 20.  The original cost is $109.99, but the Groupon deal is $24.99 plus free shipping.  Yes, please!  My house may be filled with canvas prints of Hudson before he is a year old!

4.  Gumdrop Pacifiers.  The hospital gave us this brand and Hudson has refused any other pacifier since.  We ordered a five pack from Amazon and they are perfect!  He doesn't rely on the bink, but it is a total soother when he is fussy.  

5.  Goody no slip hair ties. Let's be honest.  My hair is up every single day.  These things have a thin strip of rubber on the outside that keeps them from slipping out of your hair.  Especially perfect for those days when I don't have time to wash my hair and it is a big fat grease pit.  (That's where the dry shampoo from my last post comes into play!)

6.  The Owlphabet.  This print is so cute!  I purchased it off of Etsy and have it sitting on a shelf in Hudson's room.  It came in three versions - boy, girl neutral. 

7.  Dr. Brown's Bottles.  We started using Medela bottles, but found that Hudson was getting a lot of air and ended up being more gassy than not.  These bottles came to the rescue.  While there are many more parts to wash, it is totally worth it.  The insert prevents air from getting into baby and thus eliminates a lot of gas.  He has been much happier, burps less and spits up much less.  I would definitely recommend these to anyone!

8.  Dr. Brown's Bottle Warmer.  Again, I exclusively pump and Hudson is 100% bottle fed.  We thought we could tough it out and just sit the bottle in hot water to heat it up.  Wrong.  BIG HUGE WRONG.  After a recommendation from a friend, we broke down and ordered the bottle warmer.  LOVE.  LIFE SAVER.  It takes 2:50 to heat up our glass bottles and 3:55 to heat up the plastic bottles.  That means pop in the bottle, change the diaper, and viola.. bottle is ready to go!  So totally worth it.

9.  Sophie and Rooney.  Do these two even need words?  They are just awesome.  They have been great with Hudson despite the fact that their human play time has decreased.  They walk perfectly on the double leash when we go for family walks.  They cuddle with Hudson and us.  Their temperament is just perfect.  I love these two to death!

10.  Asics Running Shoes.  As of Friday, I have been fully cleared to exercise as much as I want and can handle.  I still have some pulling and pain at one part of my stomach from the internal stitches, so I have to watch that.  I have about 16-20 more pounds that I'd like to lose, so exercise it is.  I have been watching my diet, but not too much since I am still pumping.  We have started walking every day and I think that is helping.  My plan is to start incorporating some running in with that walking - even though I despise running.  These are the most comfortable running shoes I have ever had and my news ones are not disappointing!

Today officially marked the end of summer as Matt went back to school.  Luckily, I have four more weeks of maternity leave left and didn't have to go back today.  However, I have these two "funnies" to share for all of my teacher friends!  Happy beginning of "fall", but sad end of summer.  



No comments:

Post a Comment