Saturday, August 24, 2013

The 2WW - Round Two

I am officially half way through my second two week wait.  As if going through IVF isn't enough, then they want us to wait two whole weeks for our beta test!  I thought for sure this one would be much easier since I knew what to expect.  Wow, could I be any more wrong? (I picture myself saying this in a Joey from Friends voice!)  I honestly think this one is more difficult!  I keep trying to compare these two weeks to the two weeks from our first cycle, which is probably the wrong thing to do.  Two completely different cycles = two completely different experiences.  But my crazy, hormonal mind just cannot stop.

I have been keeping myself busy with back to school "stuff".  We had three days of teacher in-service this week and I spent some a lot of extra time in my classroom getting ready for this year's kiddos.  I also chopped all of my long hair off!  *Gasp*  It isn't that short, but it's shorter than what I am used to.  Fall sports have also started, which means Matt is off coaching for a couple of hours each day, and we get to take the dogs to the various athletic events--which makes them two very happy (and tired) pups!  I also took a shot at being Miss Betty Crocker and made two batches of homemade salsa from the gazillion tomatoes and peppers we are getting from our garden.  I was a little worried, but it is some kick-a$$ spicy stuff!

Despite all of these things, at the end of the day my crazy hormones are still raging and my mind is still in overdrive.  I seriously analyze every single little thing I feel which is SO the wrong thing to do.  For example, last time I had NO symptoms during the 2WW and that cycle yielded a BFP.  This cycle, I have had some major, major cramping which began on 4dp5dt.  (I am currently at 9dp5dt.)  Some bad enough (pretty much like AF is right around the corner) that I actually needed to take extra-strength Tylenol.  Other times, just a dull lingering feeling.  Not sure how to feel about this.  I know it can be a positive thing, but I also know that it can be a negative thing.  I also have some tenderness in places that you all can expect, but that is most likely from the daily PIO injections.

So, where do we go from here?  We continue to wait.  And wait.  And wait.  My hormone filled body and mind will continue to go crazy for the next five or more days.  I will apologize in advance to any of you that get to encounter me in person over the next few days.  Expect to see chewed off finger nails and maybe some bald spots from me pulling out my hair.  Oh, and I might be freaking out.  No big deal.  Please send us good vibes, prayers, and baby dust :)

No comments:

Post a Comment