Sunday - We started our trip around 5:30 am. After one stop for gas, we arrived in Duck around noon. We did our usual check-in-day activities. Lunch at the Duck Deli, trip to the grocery store, check in with the realtor, and pack to the house to unload and unpack everything. Eventually we head back in to town for some Pizzazz Pizza.. which just happens to be my favorite. And I only get it twice a year. Grr.
| Home for the next two weeks. |
| View from our house |
| Manteo "lighthouse" |
![]() |
| My mom, sister and I. And no, we did not plan the green theme. |
![]() |
| fruity beach drinks.. |
| Monday morning sunrise |
Tuesday - Daily walk followed by some relaxing time on the couch. The weather was very cloudy and humid, but began to clear up around noon. We spent the afternoon on the beach, and Matt cooked one of his awesome chicken dinners! There is also something I love about eating dinner on a screened-in porch at the beach. After dinner we went back to the beach so my sister's boyfriend could fish for sharks! He took everything he caught during the day and turned it in to bait. The waves were a bit rough, so he didn't have much success. Hopefully next time!
Wednesday - Today was what you call a perfect beach day. Beautiful sunrise and calming walk on the Duck Trail, breakfast, and then a perfect morning on the beach. Not a cloud in the sky and very little humidity. Late morning temps were in the high 80s. Ocean water is a little chilly, but refreshing while walking on the beach, or simply sitting in a beach chair reading a good book. The afternoon got a bit "toasty". My phone currently reads 93 degrees. This was the perfect opportunity for me to take my beloved pool raft and venture to the pool. Not a single soul there. Lucky me! I got to spend my afternoon floating around the pool on my raft all by myself. Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with my husband and my family, but after the last week's events, some alone time was what the doctor called for. This was the perfect opportunity for me to have some quiet time to just relax and reflect and pray. I was able to think about all we have gone through as well as what lies ahead. It is a lot to take in and process, but that isn't stopping me (or us) from moving forward and continuing our quest. I am still sad. I still have bad days (probably more than not right now). But the future is what keeps me going. Tonight we are going to cook seafood in our own kitchen, and eat on the deck. We will probably follow that up with an ice cream trip and some more fishing.
I love to read on the beach. Over the last three days I read "Every Drunken Cheerleader.. Why Not Me?" Wow.. exactly what I needed right now. The author tells it like it is. She shares her story and her experiences with infertility and specifically her IVF cycles. I was amazed at how much I can relate. If you haven't read this book (even if you have NO experiences with IF) I suggest that you do. It will open your eyes to what we, as well as thousands of other couples, are dealing with. I'm not asking for pity or sympathy, I'm just saying it will help you understand some things. Seriously.. it a short, easy read.
Again, I want to thank you all for the emails, cards, text messages, Facebook messages, comments, etc. over the last week. They all mean so much. I know I have not responded to any of them.. and for that I apologize. I haven't found the words to say yet, but I am working on it, and I promise that I will respond to each and every one of them. This hasn't been easy, and I said earlier, there are more bad days than good.. but it is getting better. I am pretty good at putting on the mask and going with the flow, but it is just that. A mask. So, like I said, I promise that I will respond to each and every one of you.. when I find the right words to say. You all mean so much and your kind words and gestures mean just as much. So thank you to each and every one of you!






No comments:
Post a Comment