Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Answers


The storm.  I had a few days this week, and last, where this is how I felt.  Gloomy might be the right word.  I seem to get into funks every couple of days where I am just plain irritable, moody, and probably miserable.  What brings these on, I have no idea.  I blame the hormones.  I re-started my Parladol pills (hormones supplements to regulate my Prolactin levels).  Since my body is no longer used to them, they have been causing daily headaches and nausea.  Hopefully these symptoms subside soon.

Monday was a beautiful beach day here in the Outer Banks.  I was laying back in my beach chair reading a good book when I heard my phone ring.  Of course I immediately thought it was the dog sitter and something had happened with our dogs.  I am a bit of a pessimist and I miss these two a whole freaking lot right now!  I might be slightly obsessed.  It wasn't the dog sitter (sigh of relief), but rather Dr. B calling to tell us he got the results back from the genetic testing after the D&C.  He had originally told us to not expect any definitive results because it was so early.  However, he actually had some specifics for us!  The results came back showing that our miscarriage was a result of Trisomy 15 - where there is a third 15th chromosome.  Babies born with this rarely live more than a few hours or days.  Most are stillborn if they are not miscarried within the first few weeks.  I see this as a blessing in disguise.  You may disagree, but I would much rather go through a miscarriage within the first few weeks pregnancy rather than deliver a stillborn months into the process.  Dr. B said my body knew something wasn't right and took care of it on its own.  

In a way, this lifted a huge weight off of my shoulders and made me feel a little better.  Yes, there is a slight chance of this happening again, but there is a much MUCH greater chance that it will not.  However, I now know that the miscarriage was not a result of something I did or did not do.  Does that make it any easier?  No, but it helps.  Sort of like the calm after the storm.


At this point, we play the waiting game again.  I am no longer spotting from the D&C, so I am just patiently awaiting the arrival of AF so we can being our FET (frozen embryo transfer).  When AF arrives, I will begin BC (birth control) again and shortly after more (different) injections with just a few ultrasounds to monitor how things are going.  Not near invasive as a fresh IVF cycle.

We are enjoying the second half of our OBX vacation.  Just what the doctor ordered.  Literally.  Last week we took a day trip to the island of Ocracoke where I indulged in my favorite fried pickles.  (Seriously, 2 hours of driving and a 1 hour ferry ride ONE WAY just to eat these.)


Let me just tell you.. if I could bring home a years supply of these magical, tasty treats, I would.  However, the soggy-ness would just not taste the same.  Sigh..

The weekend was beautiful.  Our weather has been next to perfect--HUGE difference from last year.  Sun, a few clouds, a nice breeze.. and my raft in the pool.  Ahhh

Saturday Matt and I celebrated our one year anniversary at the same place we got married. Wow how things have changed!  The boardwalk that was our aisle no longer exists.  The dune where we had our ceremony.. GONE.  The beach fence that was our backdrop.. GONE. The beach area for the guests.. covered in fence and new back grass.  The hose Matt used to wash the sand off of my dress (yes, that happened.).. GONE.  The backdrop for a lot of our photos?  GONE.  Thanks, hurricane Sandy.  You're a big ole a-hole!  The restaurant and reception room is still kicking and thriving!  We were able to enjoy dinner cooked by the same chef and were even given a complimentary bottle of champagne.  There was live music on the deck that night which made it even better.  A huge thank you to our AWESOME planner, Belinda (who we got to visit with.. yay!) and her amazing staff.  I would recommend them to anyone!

First, I have to credit the beautiful M. Brink for this dress. She posted a pic of her wearing it on IG a few weeks ago, and I had to order it since it was our wedding colors!


Who doesn't drink champagne on the beach.. straight out of the bottle?

Low tide this year.. go figure!


We have spent a lot of time on the beach this week.  We have also gotten ice cream every single night.  Who doesn't love a little bit lot of ice cream?  This week we also climbed the country's largest natural sand dune, Jockey's Ridge.  What a great workout!


And then ate a big fat pancake, bacon, and many other unhealthy things breakfast.  Oh well. It's vacation!

Yesterday we needed a beach break, so we took a little trip to the North Carolina Aquarium on Roanoke Island.  Very neat!



We have four more days to enjoy and the weather looks pretty freakin' awesome!  It has been a blessing just to get away from reality and enjoy a little family time and a lot of relaxation time.  But, I do miss my pups and cannot wait to see them!

I have also decided that it is time to do some house cleaning.. and I don't mean cleaning my house.  I am on Facebook and Twitter, and as most of you know, Instagram.  I CANNOT handle the constant negativity of some people!  Don't get me wrong, every single person is entitled to their bad days, even weeks.  But if you are going to be a negative person 110% of the time.. it is time to go.  I don't need to read that daily.  It is just plain annoying.  I actually had a college friend complain the other day that her daughter would not take a nap because she was so excited to spend time with her mom (she is a teacher, so is off for the summer now).  Really?  You are complaining because your daughter is excited to spend time with you?  I wanted to comment my thoughts right then and there, but I decided un-friending would be more appropriate.  So it is time to clean out the friends list on social networks.  Don't worry TTC ladies, you are all staying :)

Happy Hump Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment