Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Nothing Comes Easy

Where to start.  First, I have to say that we had the most relaxing two weeks in the Outer Banks.  While I was not ready to come back, I was happy to see our furry kiddos.


I feel like I have been stressed to the max these last few weeks/months.  Yes, I did put it all on the back burner while we were gone, but of course it all returned.. PLUS some.. when we returned.  There are some things that have been done and some comments that have been made to me and about me and our process that have been weighing on my mind.  People do not realize the impact their words and actions have on others.  I know they are just plain ignorant and that I need to forget it all, but sometimes that it just difficult to do.  Sigh..

Let's add to it.  Our house was built last summer and we moved in the week of Thanksgiving.  It is not even a year old.  When we got home Sunday afternoon we found the following:

1 - Our kitchen sink/faucet has been leaking for who knows how long.  The cabinet underneath is now warped from being so wet.  Super.  One visit from the plumber and we think it is fixed.  If it starts to leak again, we have a faulty faucet and will need to have it replaced. 

2 - Our 2.5 acres of grass grew for two straight weeks without being cut.  We had rain half of those days.  The grass is (was) long.  Matt started cutting it, and our tractor (that is only two months old) died.  Just quit working right in the middle of the yard.  So, between the two of us, we cut the entire thing with the push mower.  Talk about a work out.  The tractor is now at the "beauty shop" getting fixed.  Thank goodness for warranties.

3 - My OBGYN billing department called Tuesday to tell me that I haven't paid my bill.  Hmm, I didn't know I had a bill to pay.  Of course the billing department woman was quite rude.  Normally I would blame my hormones for thinking she was rude, but Matt heard the whole conversation and he wanted to pay her a visit when I was done.  So this rude woman proceeded to tell me that our insurance did not cover my baseline ultrasound or my HSG.  Super!  After some research by her manager, they realized that they never did send me a bill, but determined there was nothing they could do because it really wasn't their fault (how so, I do not know).  Also, I never did get an apology from that negative Nancy.  Boo to her.

**On a side note to this, I have been debating moving to a new OBGYN.  My doctor has retired, and the hospital they are associated with does not have a NIC-U.  This little experience may have just sealed the deal on me moving.  I don't need to deal with rude people like this.  So not worth it.

4 - Our tax collector called today to inform us that our escrow account never paid our taxes.  WTF?!?!?!  Upon further investigation, we are 99% sure we just got billed for our neighbors taxes.  They had the wrong address (our neighbors) on our account and therefore the bank would not pay it.  I seriously spent at least two hours on the phone today talking to various departments to figure this crap out!

And to think.. it is only Wednesday!

Ok, I promise I am done ranting about the crappy beginning of this week!  Sorry for being such a Negative Nancy myself!

On to some more positive things!  I had my HCG blood test on Monday.  My levels are officially negative, which is a very good thing.  Now we just wait for AF to arrive (anytime within the next 3 weeks they believe) so we can move forward with our FET.  (I don't think I have ever wanted her to make her lovely appearance so badly!)  I have decided that it is time to organize our house (as I have said before, I am *slightly* OCD) and get things 100% put away.  Yes, I am excited about this.  I will have before and after pictures if anyone cares to see!

Today was a big deal for me.  I had my first acupuncture appointment.  After doing some research, I found a place that is literally two miles from my house.  How convenient!  The first hour of my appointment was spent discussing my medical history and what I was hoping to get out of this treatment.  He found some major stress located in my neck, shoulders, and right side of my back.  No duh!  My treatment began with some magical Chinese oils and a roller thing (it reminded me of a meat tenderizer on a wheel) to help get rid of the stress knots.  I was very skeptical of this, but holy crap.. it worked!  My knots are completely gone!  Next, we moved on to the needle part.  My fear of needles is pretty much no longer existent, but I was still not sure how these would feel.  I had needles on the outside edge of both hands (right behind my pinky finger), top of my wrists, edge of my little toe, outside of my Achilles tendon, about 12 on my back, and one lonely one on the top of my head (surprisingly, this one felt good.. odd).  I laid fell asleep with the needles doing their thing for about 25 minutes.  Talk about some serious relaxation!  He then removed the needles and I was free to go. I felt like I could have slept for hours!  It did not hurt at all.. not even in the least bit.  He says we are doing treatments on my kidneys, spleen, energy level, and stress level.  So far, I am pleased.. but I will give my final verdict in a few weeks!



Next, I want to give a big shout out to my ttc nail polish exchange sister for such an awesome package!  Everything was just perfect, and the packaging was so pretty!  Also, a big shout out to Chelsea for organizing the entire thing!




Finally, we were able to use our fire pit for the first time last night and roast some s'mores before the storms moved in.  Nothing compliments s'mores more than red wine in a flip flop glass!



Happy Hump day everyone!  Here's to a better end of the week!  We will be heading to Quantico, VA to see one of our friend's retire from the Marine Corps Saturday morning and then marry another one of our friends at the base chapel Saturday evening.  So excited for the two of you!

1 comment:

  1. What a crappy week...seriously. I mean can the shit storm move on already?! So sorry. Hope the next few weeks are at least a 1/4 better. And I feel ya on the push mowing, 2 acres in the NC heat over here. My husbands genius idea that "it won't be that bad" and then he deploys every year. Thanks buddy. lol I have a killer tank top tan and man calves to show. And I really want to do acu again. It was so relaxing even though I only went for a month. I should have stuck it out more. Its so weird laying there for the first time with all the needles all over. Hope AF decides to show on time so you can get started again! Hope your week is better now too!

    ReplyDelete