I've become an awful blogger. It's been over a month since I promised to better keep up with my blog. I will say that I feel like I've had a pretty good excuse.. or two.
So, let's catch up. Life has been pretty crazy busy these past few months. Hudson is growing like a weed and is now mobile. Let me tell you.. mobile babies are a whole different world! I love it! He is quick and gets to where he wants to go in a flash, but it is so much fun seeing him grow and learn. The amount of stuff he learns in a such a small amount of time truly amazes me.
He just turned 11 months this week. He is crawling all over the place, pulling himself up and taking steps along the couch and ottoman. He holds on to his walk along toy and buzzes across the room like he's been doing it his whole life. He is a talker. He says dada, daddy, dog, doggy, woof, hi, hey, this, and go. Nine words already! He babbles like crazy and seems to have conversations all of the time. He will wave and say hi to anyone and everyone he sees when we are out in public. He claps, pushes cars all around, throws ball with Rooney, plays in the dog's water dish, and loves to pet the dogs. Another favorite past time of his is opening up any drawer he can get to and empty it out. He's basically a pro and should make a job out of it. As far as food, he still somewhat likes to eat. We have started to give him milk and he is a huge fan. We are about half and half at this point and hoping to be completely off formula by the time we go on vacation. He still prefers purees and has a difficult time with real food. He loves bagels, french fries, toast, pizza bites, watermelon.. and that's about it. Every once in a while I can get some grilled cheese in him. Otherwise, he hates real food. I'm pretty sure that the dogs have packed on about 10 pounds since we started trying real food. He would seriously live off of Gerber Crunchies if I'd let him.. and he screams for them. I'm kind of at a loss of what to do right now. He needs to eat to grow, but he doesn't want to eat. He wants real food when he sees it, but won't actually eat it. Like I said, I am still getting some purees in him, so that is good. We will see what happens over the next month or so.
With 11 months came the little guy's first haircut! He now looks like a little man! I seriously cannot get over it! He did such a good job.. and so did Miss Mallorie! Of course we distracted him with crunchies and the sound of a razor.. but the whole thing was done in about five minutes. I seriously cannot believe that my little boy is old enough for his first haircut!
The other thing that has kept me away from my blog is lacrosse season. I got the head varsity coaching position this year and with that came so many time consuming events. That meant all of the dirty work was on me. Holding practices, tryouts, selecting teams, coordinating practices, coaching every game, etc. It was a long, tiring, hectic and somewhat stressful season. The season officially ended with our banquet last week, so I have some more time on my plate now. Not a ton as it is the end of the school year and there are a ton of shenanigans that come with that, but some. School ends this week, so life will calm down a little bit more!
I am looking forward to summer for so many reasons. I'm hoping to get back into my blog, spend time with family, do some work on the house (painting), keep up with our garden.. and most importantly, spend time with my growing boy! I am so looking forward to endless playing this summer!
Here's to hoping for more regular updates.. maybe even a gender reveal for baby number 2 :)
Happy Monday, all!




No comments:
Post a Comment