Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Month 3

Ok, I'm way behind in making this post.  WAY behind.  I'm finding that time is harder and harder to come by. I want to spend every minute I can (when I'm not at work) with Hudson, and it is causing me to neglect my blog.  I will try and get better.  Promise.

Hudson is currently 15.5 weeks, or 3.5 months.  I can't believe how fast the days are flying.  Every night I hold him before bed and I look at his newborn pictures on the wall.. and wonder to myself how that teeny tiny little guy has become my growing-like-a-weed handsome boy.  He is no longer a newborn, he is now classified as an infant.  Cue the tears.

This boy is awesome. I mean totally, 110% pure awesome.  He is an eater.  He eats four 8 ounce bottles a day as well as a tablespoon of rice cereal at dinner.  He is a sleeper.  He sleeps from 9pm until 6:30am when I have to wake him to go to the sitters.  He is happy.  He smiles constantly.  He loves to play and swat at his toys.  He has recently learned how to blow raspberries.. even while eating cereal.  He giggles, he laughs out loud, he lets out high pitches screams just to hear his voice.  His legs never stop moving. Ever.  He LOVES Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and his stuffed Mickey.  He will sit in his bumbo for a few minutes, and even eats his cereal while sitting in his high chair (with a blanket propped in front of him to make sure he doesn't topple over).  And he is growing. Way too fast for mommy's liking.  At his last doctor appointment (3 months - for sickness) he was 14 pounds.  FOURTEEN!  He is officially in 6 month clothes and fitting them very comfortably.  He is sucking on his fingers and putting everything possible in his mouth.  Every night I hear him on the monitor.. sucking his fingers and thumbs so loudly.  It is too funny.

During this month, Hudson experienced his for illness.  He had his three month photo shoot on 09.20.  He wasn't his smiley self, but we figured it was due to the camera as he has learned NOT to smile almost every time we get ours out.  Sneaky guy!  He was super fussy that afternoon, so we decided to take his temperature.  102.  Talk about feeling like crap.  Sorry for making you take pictures when you felt like poo, buddy.  I called the on call doctor who instructed us to give him Tylenol.  We did.  He was refusing to eat any milk or formula, so I headed to the store to get Pedialyte and infant Apple Juice.  Luckily, he took a few ounces of each every couple of hours.  We put the poor guy to bed and checked his fever a couple of hours later, and it was up to 103.  Talk about scary.  Another phone call to the on call doctor at 2am.  He said to continue the Tylenol every four hours, but also add in Motrin at the 2 hour mark.  Thankfully, that seemed to do the trick.  With 12 hours, the fever had broke and he was officially fever free.  However, he was still not into eating or being held.  The doctor brought us in Monday morning.  Hudson was diagnosed with the current virus going around - which included a high fever, sore throat (why he didn't want to eat) and severe aches (why he didn't want to be held).  I stayed home with him on Monday and Matt stayed home on Tuesday.  Hudson returned to the babysitters on Wednesday and was back to his normal happy self by Thursday!  What a sad few days.  I can't describe the absolute helpless feeling you have when your baby is sick, can't tell you what is wrong, and there is absolutely nothing you can do to make it better.  I'm so glad we got past it!  And then he passed it on to mommy.  haha

Here are a few pictures from month three.  We love you so much, Hudson!  You bring so much joy to our lives every single day!




















No comments:

Post a Comment