Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Favorite things - first edition



So, I am approximately three and a half weeks into mommy hood and I couldn't be loving it more!  Hudson is the sweetest little boy and is growing like a weed.  I am looking forward to his one month appointment next week to see what he actually weighs!  We are still sticking to our eat-every-four-hour schedule and it is working for all of us.

I thought I would do a post to share a few of my current favorite things - some baby related, some not!  Without farther ado..

1 - Redkin Dry Shampoo.  Let's be honest, I probably have time to do my hair every day, but I don't have the motivation.  I may or may not have even brushed my hair for a week (ok, people.. I washed it.. every other day.. just didn't brush it!).  Dry shampoo to the rescue!  I have naturally grease-ified hair.  If I don't wash it every day, you could probably fill your gas tank by wringing the oil out of this mop.  This dry shampoo (basically powder) takes that grease look away - not always the grease feel, but hey.. I just want to look presentable!

2 - Cloud B Sleep Sheep.  This white noise machine is legit!  It is small in size and originally intended to be portable - and will be.  It's got four different sound settings and even a timer.  I have it attached to the outside bottom of the crib rail and use is every night.  Hudson loves the ocean setting!  Now, if I'm being honest.. the last setting is whales or something like that and it freaks me out just a bit!  

3 - Summer Infant Video Monitor.  Hudson has been sleeping in his crib since our second night home.  Just like any other (new) parent, I'm paranoid about everything.  This monitor has a great picture/video and even allows us to talk back to him.  Of course, I still have the volume turned up as far as it can go (sorry, Matt), but it gives me peace of mind.. and allows my little man to sleep comfortably.

4 - Yankee Candle - Luau Party Scent.  I am currently loving how this candle makes the entire downstairs of my house smell!  Normally, I get frustrated at how quickly candles lose their scent, but I've had this one since April (birthday gift.. booya) and it is still going strong.  We haven't been to the beach YET this year, so I am brining the beach to us!  Seriously, check it out.  LOVE LOVE LOVE!

5 - BARE Minerals Well-Rested.  I naturally have super dark circles under my eyes no matter what.  Add in less sleep than I am used to, and those puppies look like I have a broken nose!  This product is a life saver.  I have used it daily for almost a year now and could not be happier with how well it hides those lovely dark circles.  I highly recommend this for anyone with dark circles for any reason!

6 - "Fishin' in the Dark" Chalkboard Print.  I love chalkboards.  I am not creative.  Other people are.  I buy their stuff off Etsy!  This is my summer print that spruces up the tv cabinet.  Not only are the lyrics from one of my favorite country songs, but it fits my decor perfectly!  It just makes me think of those quiet, starry country nights.. watching fireflies light up the sky :)

7 - 4Moms Mamaroo.  YES, YES, YES.  This might be my all time favorite month one baby item!  Hudson loves this thing - especially the car ride setting.  I love that you can adjust the seat so it reclines, lies flat, or sits up.  There are five different movement settings, as well as five different speed settings.  You have the ability to hook up your iPod to listen to music through the speakers or you can listen to the white noise option that is built in.  To me, this is a must for any mom and baby!

8 - Carters (or any brand for that matter) sleep "dresses".  When I first put one of these on Hudson for bed, Matt told me I was ridiculous for putting his son in a dress.  Until he had to change the first middle of the night diaper.  These things make it so much easier!  No snaps to tackle at 2am when you are still in a fog.  Holla!  Hudson sleeps in a "dress" every single night and it makes our lives just a little easier.  Sorry, H.  I promise we won't keep putting you in dresses when you are older :)

So, there you have it.  My current favorite things!  Now, off to pack for our first out of town weekend.  I'll let ya'll know how that goes.  Happy Hump Day!

2 comments:

  1. Argh!! You're a mommy. Love your mommy faves....hopefully I'll need to reference this post soon.

    ReplyDelete