Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Month one shenanigans

How is it possible that my sweet boy is one month old already?  Time needs to slow down. Seriously.  I am loving every second of being this little boy's mommy and wouldn't trade any minute we have had for the world.  It is so fun seeing him grow and change day by day.  Here is a recap of our first month!


We sat on our hoppy for the first time.. "seriously, I mustache you a question"!

We celebrated our first holiday as a family of 5 (Sophie and Rooney were not feeling photogenic) - July Fourth

We used the new wash lines for the first time. Thank you Gigi and Pop Pop!

We took our first "longer" car ride!

We met our cousins and celebrated Adah's baptism.

We got our first bath!  Don't worry, we held him as soon as the photo op was over.

We cried as soon as we got out of our first bath. We don't like being cold!

We did some thinking.

We prayed before bed.

We used our swing for the first time.

We snuggled with Mommy.

We smiled for the first time!  Not on purpose, but it's still cute!

We hung out with Daddy and Sophie.

We napped with Daddy and Rooney.

We tried our new seat from Adah.

We tried baby-wearing for the first time. And we loved it!

We made our first weekend trip to Gigi and Pop Pop's house.

We gave Daddy hugs.

We met our great-great Grandma.  Yes, great-great.

We showed off our legs at our one month photo shoot.

We like our bink.  Only this kind.

We grew two pounds and two inches in two weeks!

We were happy!

We met Auntie Denise and Auntie Lindsay - Mommy's high school friends!
Oh, and we are so excited for Baby Girl Hubbert to arrive!


It was an exciting and educational month!  We have learned so much and cherish every single thing about Hudson.  He was so worth the wait :)

Our little guy is still rocking the newborn clothes and diapers, but as you can see from the growth pictures, he is growing like a weed!  He is eating 5oz, six times a day right now.  He loves to eat!  We have started doing tummy time - which he hates.  However, he does have great head control for his age.  He is a good sleep and overall, a very happy baby.  We could not have asked for more!  He loves going for walk in his stroller.  He is also rocking the old man hair look right now as he has lost all of his hair on top!  It is pretty comical and cute :)  He loves when we read books to him and is becoming so much more alert and aware of his surroundings.  He definitely knows Matt and my voices.  His eyes have turned completely brown already, too!  I love this guy so darn much!

As far as an update on Momma - it's probably a bit TMI.  I'm going to talk about the lady bits for a minute and that may be too much for you!  If it is, sorry.  But hey, my lady bits are the original reason for this blog, right?

My incision had stopped bleeding and oozing - until yesterday.  Yes, yesterday.  It looks like the end stitch/knot is the culprit.  The knot is now gone and I have had a little bit of bleeding, but nothing major.. oh, and the string is just hanging out, shooting the breeze.   Some of the continuous stitch (I am assuming that is what it is) is starting to show in the middle as well.  Weird.  I am anxious for my six week appointment to see what my fav person, Dr. Smith, has to say about all of this.

I am still exclusively pumping and bottle feeding Hudson.  I make anywhere from 3oz to 5oz total in one sitting.. which downright sucks since I take 9 Fenugreek pills per day.  The max.  I am to the point where I am having a hard time keeping up with his 5oz feedings.  The girls are having a hard time, too.  I literally feel (and look) like my nips are going to fall off.  They are so cracked and red. And the pain - on mylanta.  They are also so freaking hot to the touch.  I called the doctor this week thinking I had an infection (still think that), but they tell me that this is "normal".  So, they prescribed me some sort of topical cream concoction that is only carried by one pharmacy in the county - 40 minutes away.  No big deal if it helps out!  I've been on that for a little over 24 hours now.  I see maybe a minor improvement, but nothing significant.  I am giving it a full week before I call again.  My OB is really going to get tired of hearing from me.  Despite all of this, I don't mind pumping as it gives my little guy exactly what he needs.  You know what they say - breast is best - so I will do it as long as I can.  However, if I didn't love him so darn much, I'd be jumping off of this pumping bandwagon in a heart beat.  Ouch!

I'm also looking forward to my six week appointment so that I can hopefully be cleared to start exercising.  If you know me, I can guarantee that you are laughing out loud right now.  I.don't.exercise.  I.eat.junk.food.  I gained about 60 pounds when I was pregnant.  I've lost about 24 of that to this point and have now hit a plateau.  My thighs and arms are still gigantic and I am rocking a belly that looks like I'm about 4 months pregnant.  Now, I don't care.. but I would prefer not to have to buy myself a whole new wardrobe.  I'd rather spend that money on cute clothes for my boy!  I am still wearing maternity clothes as well as Matt's t-shirts and shorts.  I can't get my own clothes over my legs and arms.. and belly.  So, I'm looking forward to maybe putting that jogging stroller to use.  Maybe.  Again, I would do this any day to reap the benefits that I have.  Hudson is worth every single inch and pound :)  

Happy One Month, Hudson!  I can't wait to see what month two has in store for us!  XOXO

3 comments:

  1. I love reading your updates! I've followed your journey for a long time and prayed right along with you. So happy you got your happy ending!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 1 month to you all!! Laughing at "I.dont.work.out....I.eat.junk.food" LOL, so me. I mean, I work out sometimes and go in spurts but I honestly hate it and complain before. Ha. Hoping you get cleared soon for your own piece of mind. LOVE all the photos of things Hudson got to do, enjoy, etc. Fun times! :) :) What a great month! xoxo <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy one month to you! Love that things are going so well.

    ReplyDelete