Friday, December 13, 2013

Deck the halls.

Let's be totally honest here.  We decked the halls in this place weeks ago.  I'm talking a full week before Thanksgiving weeks ago.  As I said before, I am like a little kid and just can't contain myself!  I think I am even rubbing off on Matt.  As of last night, I am officially 100% done with our Christmas shopping.  It is looking like we will be snowed in again tomorrow, so my plan is to lock myself in my "wrapping room" (good way to utilize an empty bedroom), blast some festive tunes, and not come out until it is done.  We have our first family Christmas party next weekend and a busy week ahead, so not much choice at this point!  Not to mention, this is not a task I can complete when Matt isn't home.  Rooney is a little too "helpful".  His current favorite snacks are bows and tape with an occasional side of tissue paper.

Anyway, I thought I would share a few photos of our decked out home.  It's sad to think that in a few short weeks I will have to take it all down.  Boo.

This is one of my favorite things.  My Willow Tree Nativity set!


We no longer have gifts under the tree.  Rooney literally "opened" every single one of them.  By opened, I mean he shredded the paper off of all of them.
I spent our snow day baking Christmas cookies. We have chocolate chip, sugar, cut out, and peanut-butter w/hershey kisses







We have also had TWO bouts of snow so far this season.  That is way unusual for us.  I love it and it looks absolutely beautiful and peaceful!  




It has been three days since our last snow, and our back yard still looks like this thanks to the average temperatures being in the teens this week!

This week also brought the official start of basketball season.  I'm not going to post any current pictures because I don't want to infringe on the privacy of the players (though quite frankly, I'm sure they have themselves plastered all over Facebook, Twitter, IG, Snapchat, Vine.. you name it!).  However, this means that at least two nights a week (more like three or four) will be spent at nail-biter games cheering on the Mustangs.

A little change in pace here..

I know I started this blog as solely an infertility blog to document our journey.  I have shy-ed away from that the last few months.  To those of you that follow it simply for the updates, I am sorry.  I needed a change of scenery.  Our first cycle ended in a miscarriage.  That was hard.  Our second cycle was a failure.  That was even harder.  Two things I never imagined would happen.  As a result, I chose to change things up and write about our every day lives rather than sulk and continue to post the negativity that can come with this battle we call infertility.  I didn't want to bring others down with me.  I promise I will get back to updates when the time is right.  Hopefully sooner rather than later.  Again, I apologize.

Until then.. I will leave you all with our annual Christmas Card photo.


Yes, somehow we managed to get these two to look in the same direction as the camera at the same time.  Quite a feat if I do say so myself!  Sophie also told me her New Year's resolution is to lose a few lbs!

1 comment:

  1. Love these photos! Everything looks beautiful! And we are ALL here to support you, positive or negative. Always here for you if you need me. Xo

    ReplyDelete