Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A little taste of the upstairs

Last week I decided to give a little tour of the first floor of our forever home.  Since I finally got around to cleaning over the weekend, I can give you a little taste of the upstairs this week!  I don't have much to share as this floor as still a work in the making.  The hallway and bathroom are one color (the same as the entire down stairs - Outer Banks).  The bedrooms are all the same color - Pavilion Beige.  And our master bath is a completely different color - Sea Salt.  This one is probably my favorite!

 Let's start with the upstairs hallway.  


It's boring, however it has one of my favorite features!  We have a giant laundry closet right at the end!  This means I do not have to lug the laundry basket up and down the stairs every time I do laundry.  HUGE plus in my book!


This is our guest room.  The bed fits perfectly into the space left over after a closet was added.  I would really like to paint the wall behind the bed (and surrounding the closet) and turn it into a feature wall.  I am thinking a chocolate brown color, but I am not sure the room is large enough for that color to work.


The walls are pretty bare in this room.  But lucky for our guests, we have a 42" tv for them to enjoy!


The final view of this room.


This is our guest bathroom.  It is far from big, but that makes it much easier to clean.  The walls in this room are bare as well.  We are hoping someday we can make it into a kid's bathroom and decorate it accordingly.


I do LOVE the sink in this bathroom.  My dad's company makes these and we were able to choose exactly what we wanted.  It is difficult to see the color, but it is one of my favorites.


Ahh yes, the master bedroom.  The walls in the room are pretty bare as well.  I know, I know.  I will get there at some point.  I absolutely love this bedding - thank you, Ikea!  Rooney obviously does, too.  You will see that he felt the need to make an appearance in every one of these photos.

We do not have curtains in this room.  Instead, we have white wood blinds to match the woodwork in the room.  The sun rises on this side of the house, so we are able to catch that every morning when we are waking up.  Luckily, those blinds close for the weekend!


We have a cathedral ceiling in the room and absolutely love it.  The door opens to the master bath.  Rooney is not picky about which part of the bed he lays on.


This wall is so bare.  Yuck.  The far door opens to our walk-in closet which is so not clean enough to share!  Again, Rooney takes the spotlight.  You can see the amount of natural light that comes into this room even through the blinds.


And finally, the master bath.  Double sinks?  YES!  (Also from my dad and my FAVORITE color!.. again, hard to see.)  Space?  Tons!  And a window that overlooks our back yard that is generally filled with deer, squirrels and other wildlife every morning.  The shelves above the toilet hold various things.  TP, obviously.  The second holds a Duck from the town where we always stay in the Outer Banks.. Duck.  And the third shelf owns our professional beach pictures from the week of our wedding and an old wooden tape measure that was my Grandfather's.  I used to play with them all of the time and usually ended up snapping them in half.  This one is still in tact!


This soaker tub looks phenomenal, and it is.  However, it takes about a gazillion gallons of water to fill and quite frankly, we run out of hot water before it gets to that point.  It also gets dusty because we rarely use it, but I love having the option.  The shelf above holds some of pretty cool stuff.  The beach chairs were our wedding cake toppers.  The fan in the back was one of our favors.  The starfish was a wedding decoration.  The yellow frame in the back holds my favorite quote - What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)


And finally, the shower.  Again, not gigantic, but a good size.  Rooney and Sophie think this one is pretty great because they can just walk in an out whenever they please.  Including when one of us is in the shower.  Hey, whatever works for them, right?  If you look in the background you can see the kick a$$ natural light from the open blinds.  And our unmade bed with crap all over the floor.

So, there you have it.  A little peak in to the unfinished second floor of our house.  Probably pretty boring, I know.  As I stated in the last post, we have two additional bedrooms that I did not include.  Hopefully they can make their debut on future posts as a nursery or something.  Fingers crossed and prayers galore.

2 comments: