Our day began with an early morning trip to Shady Grove in Frederick for baseline testing. I had the usual blood work and ultrasound to ensure that everything was looking good for the start of our frozen cycle.
Our nurse called around 3:00 to let us know that everything looked great and we were officially given the go-ahead to begin the injection phase. A frozen cycle is much different than a fresh cycle. Yes, there are still injections. However, these injections are given in your butt muscle. Yep.. you have to divide your bum into 4 quadrants and the injection is given in one of the top quadrants - alternating every time. I will only have one monitoring appointment (given everything goes as planned) to check the thickness of my uterine lining (rather than the daily monitoring appointments with a fresh cycle). The only other appointment will be the actual transfer - which is slated for the middle of August.
Tonight I began the first injection - Del Estrogen. I inject .2mL every third night from now until our beta test, and possibly even longer.
These are the supplies we needed for one injection. Gauze pad for the bleeding (which I did quite a bit), alcohol pad for obvious reasons, the meds, syringe, needle to draw up the solution, and the needle to actually inject. Luckily, our freaking awesome nurse decided I did not need the gigantic needles for injections, so she gave me a bag full of 1 inch needles rather than the 1.5 inch. Check out the difference!
That my not look like much to you, but to my bum it is a lot!
These are just a couple of other shots from the night. Don't mind our cool Superman cup in the background :) haha
As far as the injection - I was VERY nervous for this. I have had a shot of antibiotics in that muscle and have seen my sister get numerous pain medicine injections there as well. None felt or looked pleasant. Of course they tell you to just relax the leg on the side you are injecting. Easy, right? HA. I did tense up, but it was not near as bad as I had expected. No pain with the needle or solution. I did bleed a little when the needle was withdrawn, but as far as pain - NONE! My muscle is a little "tight" or sore, but nothing near what the antibiotic did in the past. So, as of now.. night one is in the books! Looking forward to number two three days from now. It is one step closer to holding a baby in our arms someday!



Just wanted to let you know, you guys are always in my thoughts and prayers! :) You are so brave and strong, many people could not bounce back like you did. :) Proud to call you family
ReplyDeleteYay Yay Yay!! I am so so glad to know that it went well and was much easier than you thought!!!! So excited for you and this cycle!! XOXO
ReplyDelete